Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Well I have to agree that now I am totally pissed with that guy. What the hell does he think of himself? How can he just go before a crucial tie!? He looks like such a wannabe! He should be punished. I would love it if no club is ready to buy him for half his current price
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @Projenator -

We have been discussing this issue for a while now here - http://indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/discussion/comment/19131#Comment_19131

From the comments u can see almost everyone agrees that it is indeed Unprofessionalism

Why keep ur discussions restricted to Sunil and Bhaichung... You are an keen observer of the matches (at least mb games for sure)... it will be nice if you can talk about players performances, positives and negatives of players esp the new one's...as u have started before when u joined the forum... I and I am sure many others have high regards for ur player's assesment....

Jhamela to chalta hi rehta hain...but let's not move away from positive discussions :)
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    rudra wrote:
    Why keep ur discussions restricted to Sunil and Bhaichung... You are an keen observer of the matches (at least mb games for sure)... it will be nice if you can talk about players performances, positives and negatives of players esp the new one's...as u have started before when u joined the forum... I and I am sure many others have high regards for ur player's assesment....

Jhamela to chalta hi rehta hain...but let's not move away from positive discussions :)

AGREE !! +1

Yes Projenator. You should enrich us with the kind of inputs you used to give. Chhetri is shit, he has proven himself

• Very, very disappointed with this whole issue. I am pretty sure past reputation will see "fans" dump all sorts of explitives on Mohun Bagan officials if Sunil is indeed banned.
  • ShouvikShouvik 0 Points
    somesh wrote:
    Well I have to agree that now I am totally pissed with that guy. What the hell does he think of himself? How can he just go before a crucial tie!? He looks like such a wannabe! He should be punished. I would love it if no club is ready to buy him for half his current price

Yes man i 100% agree with you. He lost that zeal inside him. even mandeep singh is far more better than him. i would say any club who signs him should do a "pay-as-you-play" contract. then only he can reach the heights he once achieved.
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    edited March 2012
    Shouvik wrote:
    somesh wrote:

Yes man i 100% agree with you. He lost that zeal inside him. even mandeep singh is far more better than him. i would say any club who signs him should do a "pay-as-you-play" contract. then only he can reach the heights he once achieved.

His club level form is a big question,only time he performed to his best was with JCT.

Manandeep is not better than Sunil,he still needs to improve his speed and movements only then can he match International standards
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited March 2012
    I am sorry but Manandeep's double strike against MB might have earned him a contract with East Bengal next season but I would credit pathetic defending by MB, specifically Anwar Ali and Surkumar Singh for conceding those two goals. In my honest judgement, these goals were gifted by the MB defence as opposed to Manandeep working hard to earn them which Odafa did, Manandeep just cashed in on the opportunity which everyone would. The other thing I can give him credit for is he can hold his ground and keep the ball under his control given his physical advantage. For the first goal, Surkumar waited behind him taking a good measure of his shirt for more than 5 seconds at least giving him enough time to size up the back volley. Anwar meanwhile was standing rooted on the goalline with Shilton by his side, no one even rushed towards Manandeep to remove the ball off his feet or at least disturb him, bare minimum. I have pointed out such problems with the very basics of football in player techniques and that is what I look for when I watch a game. I am always looking for the football basics, his work rate, ball retention, passing accuracy, positioning so on and so forth. Anyways, in spite of not being a big fan of Chetri, given his failure in the club scene and limited capabilities as a striker which can break SAFF level defences at best, I'd rate Chetri above Manandeep at present. Manandeep would come out a cropper if there is someone like Opara or even a Bello Razaq for that matter, I am sure. I also don't like his move to East Bengal next season, not that I am MB fan but it won't help his cause much. He would be better off in a team like Prayag United where there is less pressure of expectations and more chances to prove himself. I have seen a couple games of his this season and quite a few games last season with the Arrows, so I have a fair measure of him. He did not leave much of a mark on me last season, so when a few posts on this forum discussed his name, I thought he is worth a second look. Santosh Kashyap has given him opportunities and he has been opportunistic which is good but with defenders who don't make much mistakes and you have to put serious pressure on them to falter, he doesn't have much of a chance YET.
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited March 2012
    somesh wrote:
    rudra wrote:

AGREE !! +1

Yes Projenator. You should enrich us with the kind of inputs you used to give. Chhetri is shit, he has proven himself

I strongly feel that the other side of the story should be presented so that the pan Indian audience can make a fair assessment. While the two you named get to present their story to the English speaking media given their suavity, a lot remains unspoken for the lack of a proper communication channel. Since this forum's main mission and vision is to spread football to all parts of India, it's equally important that all facts be presented. I find it very unfair that one side gets a hearing while no one bothers to find out the version of the other side just because they are marketing averse and don't present themselves with the alacrity the former does. Remember, you cannot clap with one hand. If Kolkata football was so unprofessional, foreigners wouldn't be willing to play here. Tolgay has offers this season from Australia but he wants to play in Calcutta. Kayne Vincent is willing to continue there, even Ranti Martins wants to move to Calcutta but has voiced his strong preference for an Indian coach. While we all acknowledge that Chetri is good at the short passing quick dribble or a one two wall pass game, he also has his set of deficiencies, and I am afraid that list is getting longer by the day given his "I don't care" attitude bereft of any humility whatsoever.
    I will follow this up with another post explaining in detail maybe later this evening or tomorrow as time permits.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    they all want to play in india beacuse they wont make that much in australia or nigeria
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    @ Projenetar...Manandeep has some qualities. Unlike other Punjabi strikers (I think he is from there but not sure ) he tries to dodge the defender who is bloking him instead of hitting him. The first goal against MB shows his presence of mind. Surkumar actually expected he would turn after getting the ball (It would be easir to block then) but Manandeep surprised him with a back volly. Sunil is agile but against heavywight defenders he has very less chance to succeed. Even Baichung didnt succeed much in England. Sunil is nowhere near what Baichung was in his early twenties.