Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29621 Points
    Good Samaritans tend to do that...they provide service both to friends and rivals ;) ;)
    Deb_Banmunna219777indian_gooner
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Screw that, MB is out of the title race :D
    munna219777
  • How can a third (rated)team fancy their chances! ;) 

Oops - I mean a team which is currently in the third position...!!
    Deb_Banmunna219777indian_gooner
    http://www.ianslive.in/index.php?param=news/Mohun_Bagan_officials_resign_alleging_non_cooperation_from_secretary-581748/SPORTS/9

City football giants Mohun Bagan club officials Debashish Dutta and Srinjoy Bose on Monday stepped down from their posts alleging non-cooperation from secretary Anjan Mitra.

The club's assistant secretary Bose and director-cum- finance secretary Dutta put in their papers on Monday afternoon and later called a media conference at the Calcutta Sports Journalists' Club to announce their decision.

"This is not an overnight decision. We have been thinking about it for about four years now. We have not found a solution and the situation has worsened. No one is indispensable," Bose told reporters.

Asked whether the players would suffer due to this and with the Super Cup coming up in a few days' time, Dutta said, "The team is in safe hands with coach Shankarlal Chakraborty.

"We have recently pruned the squad to 25 and they will leave for Bhubaneswar on March 19 for practice. They (Anjan Mitra and his office bearers) have a lot of time left to make a champion squad for next season," he added.

When contacted, Mitra said he is yet to receive anything in writing and therefore cannot react.

"I've not yet got the letter. I can comment only after that. I heard they held a press conference announcing their resignation," Mitra told IANS over phone.

Mohun Bagan finished third in the I-League this season collecting 31 points.

SoccerloverDeb_Banmunna219777deepakcspartaashindia
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    Who do these guys submit their so called resignation letter to? And who reads it? And who decides that these tow are back in the same capacity the very next day! ?

A 4 year old club of India wins 2 I-League, 1 Fed Cup, plays in the finals of AFC and marches into the Finals of India's (now) premier league ISL and almost on the verge of winning the championship in its debut season - while u see the two old clubs(who are now no better than kolkata's famous Ajanta Circus) embroiled in this small petty and irrelevant things!
    BrainFallINDIAgaffertapegoalkeeparatuljgindian_goonermunna219777Rav92deepak dedhaspartaashindia
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9956 Points
    The annual drama has started.
    munna219777Rav92deepakcashindia
  • Rav92Rav92 Kolkata1660 Points
    After 3-4 days, They will join again by saying that, we have discussed the matter and Anjan da personally requested me to not leave the club. And right now all the problems are sorted out but its gonna be my last season in the club. And this scripted drama will continue year after year, just to gain some sympathy form the blind supporters of Bagan. :/
    SOCCER4klCarbon_14munna219777indian_goonerspartaashindia
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9956 Points
    It seems this is the election time. So ...
    Carbon_14munna219777
    Mohun Bagan beat Mohammedan Sporting 2-0 in a practice match today, goalscorers were Raynier Fernandes and Akram Moghrabi 
    Carbon_14
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29238 Points
    Mb bus accident 8 players injured with Minor injury's
    deepuCarbon_14