The second innings of Stephen Constantine

Comments

• dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    I guess that is another typical @goalkeeper humour. But it is true big guns started commenting on that. Debayan Sen & fever pitch re-tweeted it. 
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29707 Points
    @dhritiman7 this is not humor. am serious
    Deb_Ban
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    we will then file defamation case against AIFF for not including Legends like Shushil Singh and Lord Masih in the national team and disrespecting legends

dhritiman7samiam
    Bro I have an Idea
    let gaffetrape write article but post articles with someone else name as author
    like one written by Archack,Ashlesh or Rohan(Arsenal fan)

or else post all articles with Rohans name
    America me hai sala AIFF uska kuch nahi ukhad payenge

bt we all will know gaffer is author
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29707 Points
    then they will put Rohan on red list of Interpol
    Deb_Ban
    Aiff don't have that much power
    gopiajeesh
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    fu** them. those shitting at the top can do nothing against it.
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala655 Points
    edited August 2015
    Tell AIFF that gaffertape is me..its time to get some publicity
    munna219777rudranamewtheldgoalkeepardhritiman7The real AGfox
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Gaffer, if he is going to post another article should wait till September.
    Deb_Bangaffertape
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited August 2015
    Following the last few comments, I think it's time for a preachy comment from my side.

We are no strangers to controversies. Yes, we do publish ordinary articles, press releases, rumors which don't always come true, but we have never stepped back when we had to publish bold articles. Arnab Goswami does not talk about indian football, neither will it become a political agenda. There are handful of people who talk about Indian football and  only from this circle can we bring out the real issues.

There have been previous instances when we were 'requested' to drop an article or to delete some part of forum conversations (again @gaffertape the culprit :P ). No we didn't budge to keep 'friendship' and 'vested interests' alive. And that really is the problem in pre-ISL-era Indian football. Since there isn't much money (for websites, freelancers, bloggers, online crusaders), and covering Indian football doesn't really give you much leverage (for journalists), the only way to keep yourself relevant, is to keep yourself in the loop, in the network, follow 'scratch-my-back-I-will-scratch-yours' policy. That's why we often see journalists becoming a part of a team, or player agents, or even scouts! And for many it is nice to chat with players, officials, media members. In this scenario what you do when you know really unpleasant stuff about your friends? Nothing much I guess.

Long back I had this conversation with a journalist, who refused to write about something unpleasant about a particular official. As we argued, he  blatantly said that "you have no stake, you are an outsider with an alternative career, however I have to stay in this shit forever." That I guess is the current situation of Indian football and it's coverage (70% of which is basically self made bloated press releases).

Don't worry we are here to stay, and act as an outsider. And yes, the website will continue to stay despite the fact we lose money (where you guys, with penchant for writing can help us with occasional contribution :P )
    namewtheldmunna219777footydipjithuvreddevil87gaffertapeBabertoAshleshDomnicdhritiman7and 12 others.