The second innings of Stephen Constantine

Comments

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    I would really love to see a decent scrutiny of Aiff by a competent authority...otherwise there is no hope and we will keep hoping the NT doesn't finish 5th in a group of 5 or brazil doesn't score in double digits in U17 WC against us
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    The very same officials who put Constantine in charge? We all know the issues we have and Constantine was brought in as he knows how to work around issues and at the same time, implement changes and make the national team competent. The Englishman probably thought he wouldn't be critiqued so heavily and clearly once the pressure is on him, he has been coming up with excuses and tacitly deflecting any blame.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    STFU Stephen! #sackstephen
    munna219777deepakcsamiamatuljg
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    he must've known I was sitting in the stands in Pune watching his session !!

Worst coaching session.... he talks about seeing a great coach at the age of 13-14 in India..... well they grow up get into the National team & see the worst coach !!

At the moment India team training schedule :
    • Breakfast
    • TRAINING FIELD ( attacking)
    • Pool
    • Lunch
    • TRAINING FIELD ( defending)
    • Dinner
    The players have this kind of schedule for a whole week before the NEPAL game , we will have mental & physical fatigue....

The players already looked bored and disinterested at the end of the session yesterday...

SC is a dead man walking
    The real AGreddevil87munna219777sparta
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @gaffertape I do not know much about training. Can you tell me what is wrong with this? I am guessing having two sessions per day, is that right or something else?

Would love to have some of your comments on our recent sports science inflated bubble
    It depends on the type of sessions, but two sessions a day is something that even European teams don't follow. Perhaps once or twice in pre-season to build up stamina, but even with cooler weather and less humidity, two session or double-sessions are rarely used. Instead, more intense single sections would probably be a better idea.
    rudrasamreddevil87
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Its not how much you train it's how you train :-??
    Watch Mourinho , Wenger sessions....never last 2 hours like SC...and certainly don't do 2 x 2hr sessions in a day...!

Also with such little rest in between....players are at high risk of injury.
    also muscles have little time to rest /repair

There is so muh wrong with SC and Lee Johnson training. ..it would take a whole new article to point out...

Suffice to say. ..they are stuck in the '90's with such philosophy... BUT they aren't helped by players like Cavin Lobo , Dhanpal Ganesh , Sandesh Jhingan who have all come into the camp incredibly UNFIT
    It's disappointing to hear that young players with a real chance to step up a level higher than Indian football, like Jhingan and Ganesh are not taking care of their bodies int he of-season. I mean, the season has been over for just about a month only! What the fack have they been eating, man? A whale?

Cavin Lobo has a perpetual noticeable belly even during the seasons, so I am not surprised there.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Looks like Mr. Praful Patel is not too happy with SC. Here are few quotes published by goal.com

"Constantine is not the custodian of Indian football. He is the custodian of the Indian national team. But one ISL season has not changed Indian football. He was the coach earlier also," responded an infuriated Praful Patel, the federation chief, with a firm rebuttal on the coach's analysis of the situation. 

He further added, "Please don’t listen to everything that the coach says. Whatever he needs we will give him."
    The real AGsamiam
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited September 2015
    So the fans don't like him, the players resent him and the federation discredits him. I feel.sorry for SC now
    karenesudhakar2050