Food : what you are eating

Comments

• SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    I had a weird food today- Rice boiled with peas and chillies and ghee. Somewhere between ghee-bhat and fried rice.
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29623 Points
    @Samyajit: Food is 'weird' or 'normal' according to the person consuming it...if you relish it, good for you

Remember the bibliophile and human encyclopedia Sidhu Jetha (uncle Sidhu) in the Feluda stories of Satyajit Ray...besides his passion for books, he had another passion--experimenting with food. He liked mixing one item with another. According to him, yoghurt mixed with an omelette tasted like ambrosia. I'm sure many people would cringe at such a dish but I guess it ultimately boils down to the person who is eating the food.

It is not for nothing that we have the proverb   “Aap ruchi khana, par ruchi pehenna.”  
    munna219777Deb_BanspartaSamyajit
    This weird is something I liked; normal things aren't likeable always. ;) 
    thebeautifulgame
    Same thing applies for human beings too...weirdos are often more likeable and in many cases, more desirable, than the so-called 'normal' people ;)  

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”---George Bernard Shaw

How about that? o:)
    Samyajit
    edited February 2019
    One of my favourite snacks--had a bite today

Snacking with telebhaja!

Bengali evenings are usually a joyful affair of adda (chit-chat) and debate, over a cup of tea, and telebhaja.

The term means ‘fried item,’ and includes an array of chops, like Peyanji (onion) chop, beguni (eggplant) chop, Aloor (potato) chop, Tomato chop and Mochar (Banana blossom) chop.

Coated in generous layers of spiced besan (corn-flour) and fried in oil till deliciously crispy, these chops, also known as cutlets, can be found at every nook and corner of the city.

https://www.thebetterindia.com/171655/kolkata-food-must-try-dishes-india/
    AshishKaulSamyajitmunna219777
    These are those rare snacks that I abhor. Never could I make out the reason why everybody around me are in so much love with these.
    thebeautifulgamemunna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    At times ... like winter days or rainy season, you welcome those along with a hot cup of tea. Problem is they are deep fried and so off the preferred menu. Plus, those are often prepared at the roadside cheap joints, hence of questionable quality. 

But I cannot deny I like them.
    Samyajitmunna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    This looks like Pakoda.

We also got them in my state Rajasthan but these varieties are more popular

1) Moong Dal Pakoda

Image result for rajasthan pakora dal ka

In shops they are dark red variety and probably mix dal.

2) Mirchi vada

Related image

thebeautifulgameDeb_BanAshishKauldeepusparta
    Unhygienic yes and certainly not good for health but I love them to bits, especially, as @Deb_Ban said, during the rainy season and winter...The beguni and aloor chop are my favourities  
  • samsam 16428 Points
    and kichuri-dim bhaja (hotchpotch and omelette) ?
    Deb_Ban