International Football - Videos Photos & Interesting Events

Comments

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    So few months I meet Novy During a book launch of Shaji , So our team wanted to take his interview and know more about Football which we did not witnessed . I tried to bring out those things which he dont says during Live Commentary <span>:wink:</span> Excuse the host 

Part 1

Part 2

mohammed_87hassanmunna219777archakCarbon_14deepu
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10440 Points
    He openly says Delhi Dynamos don't have any fan base in Delhi
    deepak dedha
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points

The file pic : Historic semi final match between India and Iraq , Nehru cup 1997. when supposedly some 100,000 people were in attendance, massively exceeding capacity.You can see people standing just behind the touch line which was against the fifa norms.Iraq team management was reluctant to play initially and after seeing the crowds enthusiasm they agree to play  and  Fortunately, the match was incident free as India fought gallantly till the shoot-out. 
    goalkeeparBrainFallINDIAindian_goonermunna219777Carbon_14
  • Sad that kerala did not use that stadium for betterment of football and it took almost 2 decades to get the lost glory of yesteryear.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Later on FC Kochin used to play here in this stadium with massive crowds. 70 thousand was normal. I dont remember the year but there was a Cricket One Day Match where Ajay Jadeja hit a Century-probably one of the first One day Cricket matches to be played in that stadium. Also close to 70 or 80 thousand people.
    Capacity has come down due to renovations for IPL and ISL.
    indian_gooner
  • Yes one day international in white dress. Also sachin has good memories from all the matches he played there.
    munna219777
    Since this is World Cup time, I am posting videos of some iconic memorable moments from World Cups in the past.

1) Ronaldinho Free Kick over David Seaman in 2002 world cup

Carbon_14
    edited June 2018
    2) "Goal of the Century" by Maradona against England. This was also made famous by legendary Uruguay commentator Victor Morales. Translation of his spanish commentary into English is pasted below.

. Maradona has the ball, two mark him, Maradona touches the ball, the genius of world soccer, dashes to the right, leaves the third, is going to pass to Burruchaga. It's still Maradona! Genius! Genius! Genius! Ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta ... and goooooaaaal! Gooooooaaaaal! I want to cry! Dear God! Long live soccer! Gooooooaaaaalllllll! Diegoal! Maradona! It's enough to make you cry, forgive me. Maradona, in an unforgettable run, in the play of all time. Cosmic kite! What planet are you from? To leave in your wake so many Englishmen? So that the whole country is a clenched fist shouting for Argentina? Argentina 2, England 0. Diegoal, Diegoal, Diego Armando Maradona. Thank you God, for soccer, for Maradona, for these tears, for this. Argentina 2, England 0."

thebeautifulgameCarbon_14kartik91souravindia
    edited June 2018
    3)  Senegal stunned France and fans with magical display in 2002 World Cup. This was the first match.

Carbon_14kartik91indianFootballFan
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    edited June 2018
     MLA kicks off football tourney in Tripura.  never gets old.
    thebeautifulgamekartik91