Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• samsam 16425 Points
    দীর্ঘদিন ধরেই একটা কানাঘুষো চলছিল, চলতি মরসুম শেষে ইস্টবেঙ্গলের সঙ্গে সম্পর্ক ছিন্ন করতে চলেছে বিনিয়োগকারী সংস্থা কোয়েস। বিভিন্ন সময়ে গুজব রটেছে কোয়েস কর্ণধার অজিত আইজ্যাকের সঙ্গে সম্পর্ক তলানিতে ঠেকেছে ইস্টবেঙ্গল ক্লাবের আধিকারীকদের।

তবে, বৃহস্পতিবার সাংবাদিক সম্মেলন করে ইস্টবেঙ্গলের শীর্ষকর্তা দেবব্রত সরকার স্পষ্ট জানিয়ে দিলেন, কোয়েসের উপর তাঁদের আস্থা রয়েছে এবং কোয়েস ইস্টবেঙ্গলের সঙ্গে গাঁটছড়া ভেঙে দিক, সেটা কখনই ক্লাব চায় না। এ দিন দেবব্রত সরকার বলেন, “আমরা সব সময়ই চাই কোয়েস থাকুক। কোয়েসের সঙ্গে কোনওরকম বিরোধ আমাদের নেই। নিয়মিত কোয়েস কর্ণধার অজিত আইজ্যাকের সঙ্গে কথা হয় আমার।” তাঁর আরও সংযোজন, “ভারতে ক্লাব ফুটবলে ইনভেস্টার নিয়োগ করার রাস্তা প্রথম দেখিয়েছিল ইস্টবেঙ্গল। তার পর অন্যান্য ক্লাব সেই পথ অবলম্বন করেছে। কোয়েস চলে যাক আমরা কখনও চাই না। ওরা যদি সত্যি যায় তাহলে আমাদের ক্লাব এক দিনের জন্যও স্পনসরহীন থাকবে না। তবে, আমাদের প্রথম পছন্দ কোয়েস।”

পিয়ারলেসের বিরুদ্ধে হারের পর কোচের সঙ্গে আলোচনায় বসার ইচ্ছা প্রকাশ করেছিলেন লাল-হলুদের শীর্ষ কর্তা। এ দিনও তিনি জানান, দ্রুত কোচের সঙ্গে আলোচনায় বসবেন এবং কোচ যদি কোনও পরিবর্তন চান সেক্ষেত্রে সেই পরিবর্তন করা হবে। পাশাপাশি বাংলাদেশে শেখ কামাল কাপে না খেলার বিষয়ে তিনি বলেন, “আমাদের ক্লাবে কোচ সিদ্ধান্ত নেয় কোন টুর্নামেন্টে দল খেলবে এবং কোন টুর্নামেন্টে খেলবে না।”
    Carbon_14
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points
    Alejandro Menéndez‏ 

Quess East Bengal FC

Alejandro is a game changer for Quess East Bengal and he needs time and freedom to nurture the Club for the long term. We may not win every match, but he will make us a football powerhouse. I have complete faith in his strategy and vision for QEBFC. - Ajit Isaac

Well, I am too insignificant a person to give advice to Mr. Ajit Isaac. He is surely right that a coach needs time and freedom to achieve success at a club but he must remember that the supporters have reposed complete faith in the coach till now. But I am sorry to say that I have noticed quite some shortcomings in the "strategy and vision" of both Quess and the coach this year. Some of the hirings, both foreign and Indian, were substandard. And the coach should ensure, experimentation or not, that the players taking the field are fit and worth of wearing the club's jersey. I remember that when Shane Warne was banned for taking drugs in the beginning of the 2003 WC, Australian captain Ricky Ponting had said, "Yes, Warnie is out. But Australia will play." That I guess is what sums up the mentality of a team; no matter whichever player is playing, they will be playing as a team hungry to win every match. it is unfortunate that in this season till now this has not been the case with East Bengal, a team known for their-say-die mentality and their ability to deliver the best when the chips are down.

Anyway, hoping for the best!!
    sammunna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    We need results, else Menendez or Mourinho, needs to go. May be he should be in charge of our academy.
  • This is the reason why Kolkata is fast declining in football.

As supporters, we don't have patience & our all knowing corrupt officials are good at screwing their own fortunes, and despite not getting results, they would not mend their ways.

Menendez is right if he is trying to experiment with the team in the buildup to I-League. EB was very close to win it last year & if he can pull it across this time in their centenary year, it would be a big moment & the supporters would praise him but am not very sure if Nitu & co. would be happy. 

With his pedigree, Menendez can easily get into any ISL team as Head Coach and EB supporters should know this before abusing him & not get influenced by what Nitu, Manoranjan, Bhaskar has to say. These guys have got ample opportunities with little or no result and it is fair that Menendez should atleast get half the opportunity that others have got in EB.

goalkeeparDeb_Bangiridharanashindia
  • samsam 16425 Points
    Crespi is performing better than Borja. Distribution of Crespi too is better. Maybe Borja's header in set pieces are better. Agree?
    Samyajit
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    edited September 2019
    @Soccerlover Problem is the squad this season. Menendez isn't a magician, no one is! You don't need to be a Klopp to figure out EB's weak links are Marcos, Borja and Didika. The squad is a serious downgrade from last season for which Quess must take the blame. 

Jobby and Chullova didn't wanted to leave, they were made to! 
    munna219777
  • samsam 16425 Points
    edited September 2019
    Esqueda, Danmawia Ralte and Acosta should have been retained 
    Samyajit
  • In the hindsight, lot of things can be commented upon. 

It was this same Quess/Menendez who brought guys like Esqueda, Acosta,Borja last year. Only Aidara was brought by Nitu and we all know how shit he was under Bhowmick - so much so that Menendez almost got rid of him, till he adapted himself to the role(courtsey Menendez) - thereafter he was given an extension this year; Borja was a leader in EB defence last year. Jobby was ridiculous in CFL & thereafter he transformed under Menendez. We are also not talking about so many rookies this coach has shaped up. We are not talking about the free flowing soccer that EB has been playing under him. 

Talking about Esqueda - with the price tag that he commanded, do u feel it is justified from a PoV of business(given the quality of game)to have him retained? Just the other day I read an IView of Sony Norde, who himself said that by not retaining him this season, Bagan has used that money to get 3 overseas players! As far as I know, Esqueda was even more expensive than Norde. In a tournament like ILeague, such hefty price tag is a luxury!

U guys should actually ask Nitu & Co. to STFU and let Quess/Menendez to do the job.
    goalkeeparDeb_BanCarbon_14gaffertape
  • SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    Esqueda got about 4 cr. INR. Costliest in I League.