International Football Leagues

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29247 Points
    So called Low quality random African ex mohun bagan player Christopher Chizoba scored 2 times vs english championship club Leeds United to make Myanmar all star win 2-1.
    Nagendramunna219777karenesudhakar2050amitrao19706888ashindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Relegation Battle for Premier League has ended without going till the last day. Swansea, west Bromwich and Stoke City will get releagted. Yesterday Huddersfield Town got magical result of 1-1 against Chelsea and is now outside the reach of Swansea. Huddersfield Town has survived.
    Great effort by coach David Wagner despite a shoestring budget. Hope to see him at bigger challenges like USA National team Coach or something like that.
    Carbon_14
    Fabian Vorbe of Neroca called up by Haiti for friendly against Argentina on May 29
    deepumunna219777amitrao19706888
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Unai Emery - new Arsenal Coach

BrainFallINDIAindian_gooner
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    not the best decision but not the worst either! Let’s hope he makes Arsenal competitive again.
    indian_gooner
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29626 Points

Andrés Iniesta set to sign for Japanese side Vissel Kobe after leaving Barcelona

The 33-year-old is expected to sign a three-year deal with the club, who have never won a league championship and currently sit sixth in the J1 League

Departing Barcelona captain Andrés Iniesta is on the verge of signing for Japanese top-flight side Vissel Kobe, with a deal expected to be announced on Thursday.

Iniesta played his final game for the Spanish champions on Sunday, bringing to an end a glittering 16-year spell at the club that saw him win eight La Liga titles as well as four Champions Leagues.

After saying his final goodbyes to the club Iniesta flew to Japan, to finalise personal terms with Kobe, who are owned by the chief executive of Barcelona’s main sponsor Rakuten.

The 33-year-old is expected to sign a three-year deal with the club, who have never won a league championship and currently sit sixth in the 18-team J1 League.

Iniesta would not be the first former Barcelona player to feature for Kobe, who are captained by the former Arsenal forward Lukas Podolski.

Danish legend Michael Laudrup moved to the side from Real Madrid in 1996, spending just over a year in the country. Meanwhile former Barcelona striker Gary Lineker ended his career playing for Nagoya Grampus Eight, who used to be managed by Arsene Wenger.

Iniesta announced at a news conference in April that he was calling time on his career with Barcelona. He joined the club’s famed La Masia academy aged just 12-years-old.

“This is my last season here,” Iniesta said during an emotional press conference. “I want to thank my team-mates. My only aim was to be a success at this club and I have done that.”

The midfielder has also been a key player for the Spain national team, winning the 2010 South Africa World Cup as well as two European Championships.Iniesta ended his Barcelona career having made 674 appearances for the senior side, during a period of unprecedented national and continental success.

After formally signing with Kobe, he will return to Spain where he will join up with the national team squad next Monday, as Julen Lopetegui – who this week signed a two-year contract extension – begins his preparations for the World Cup finals in Russia.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/barcelona-transfer-news-andres-iniesta-vissel-kobe-la-liga-j-league-a8366186.html

Nagendrakartik91munna219777indian_gooner
          Emery: I finished every season in la liga only behind Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid

Arsenal board: you mean you finished 4th every season? 

Emery: YES!

Arsenal board: Youre hired!!!
          Arsene - Arsenal
          Emery - Emirates
          kartik91Carbon_14munna219777Nagendraindian_goonerspartaashindia
        • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
        • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
          Fulham beat Aston Villa 1-0 to qualify for EPL 2018-19 season
          Nagendramunna219777indian_gooner