Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    but all these qualifier groups will be in home and away format-then we will get lot of games to improve our ranking. Also if these games are counted towards world cup qualification, then we get more FIFA points. Its better this way. Otherwise for last 2 times, we just get one off game for WCQ.
  • GuchimareGuchimare 39 Points
    edited January 2014
    I forgot about Singapore in the grouping simulation above and they should be put instead of Chinese Taipei. (i haven't been here for long, and where did edit button go ? - nevermind. i now see "15 minutes")
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    @munna219777 ..I stand corrected..that day I was actually quite proud d way India played with 2players off d field.. If only subrata n Roy cards had not taken place..that match would have been a proper matchup...
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    OMG That is a stupid mentality. Just because we get more matches against better opposition does not mean we will get better! That can be seen in almost any place in football. Just because there are now 8 more spots does not mean India will get it... we are not top 8... certainly not based on the form we have shown since 2011. Hell, last September we could not even beat Afghanistan!!!

The only place that says we are top 24 is the FIFA Rankings and the FIFA Rankings are bullshit whether anyone likes it or not and quite frankly, if you need the FIFA rankings to tell you how good India is then you are doing it wrong.

As for the back-door entry, DONT LISTEN TO THE HATERS! It was those haters that complained that India got in that way and we have allowed them to get to us, that it is a bad thing! But look! We got to play at the Asian Cup, we got to show that Indian football actually exists! We are not some country that has no football.... WE HAVE FOOTBALL. We were able to show that off last time we got in to the Asian Cup. 

So dont you dare say that it was bad to get in via the back-door, show some bloody pride that we were there in the first place!

And @munna, great, more points for the bullshit FIFA rankings... what happens if we lose? Ya, it will not be good and dont come back crying.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    "The second and third-placed teams from the preliminary qualification round (24 teams) will compete for the remaining slots in the AFC Asian Cup finals in six groups of four teams each."

I am a bit confused there. If there are 8 groups of which top 8 teams and 4 best 2nd placed teams qualify for Asia Cup, that makes it 12 teams into the Asia Cup directly. Now the remaining second and third placed teams add to 12 (4 second placed, 8 first placed). So how come they are saying there wil be 24 teams in the Asia Cup qualifiers for the remaining slot?!
    Probably a typo or confusion from the writer. Once these changes are confirmed by the AFC Commitee then we should get more clearer details.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    its already on AFC.COM
    It said on the bottom that the changes still need to be ratified by the AFC Commitee which is pretty much just there official "check" so ya, its pretty much a done deal.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    will that rule be applied for 2015 asian cup??
    No. The draw for the Asian Cup is on the 26th of March.