IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    all 3 players can be good for I league or ISL 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Del Piero would be amazing for I-League but I doubt any club here has $4,000,000 AD.
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    Is their any chance that ISL becomes such a big success in its inaugural year that it becomes a full season league from 2015 or 2016? What do you all think??
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9949 Points
    Is their any chance that ISL becomes such a big success in its inaugural year that it becomes a full season league from 2015 or 2016? What do you all think??
    NO
    I am guessing by that that you believe that the reason people are against this is because of the length... it is not... it is the entire IPL idea that is so bad. IPL's format just can not work with football. Cricket never had a style, that is why IPL works. Sure, we can be open to new things but the IPL should be the first to be rejected.
    PrakashK
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited March 2014
    There is no short cut in Football like what T20 is for Test Cricket or One Day. IPL somehow gave shelter to old unfit retired cricket players but that is not possible in Football.
    Where will they find 80 old unfit retired players for 8 different franchises? Has anyone ever seen any contract signed? Everything is in future tense with no contract.
    Last year ISL said that stadiums have been booked and foreign experts are renovating them. stadium managements have said on record that there was no such agreement and no expert has ever come to renovate any stadium. Dwight Yorke, Louis Saha have not signed any contract-yet they are using their names.
    This ISL is just a PR propaganda-throw up some names SRK, John Abraham, Ganguly and whoever gives money for PR publicity. This league will be cancelled after World Cup.

ISL so far has not even spent few thousand rupees to make a good website. They claim to get millions of dollars from Star Sports and they will utilise it for Tax Deductions under Corporate Social Responsibility clause. Thats it-thats the league!!!
    Louis Saha I believed is actually signed... that was confirmed. Everyone else is up in the air. Yorke I think is just being said to have signed as he came to India for a promotion event for United.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points

until there is news by each State FA confirming agreement is signed for Stadium, team rooms, Media room , Seats are now refurbished, football Grounds are ready no way should anyone believe this ISL propanagda..

we have seen last 2 years the rubbish that went on.."remember empty vessels make the most noise" which is what ISL curently is

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited January 2017
    Old thread but this is what they promised in 2010 when IMG-R signed the deal with AIFF. Merger was not on agenda even at that time.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/AIFF-signs-700-crore-deal-with-IMG-RIL/articleshow/7072492.cms