2014-15 I-League Round 4: Cause You Did Not Notice no Round 3 thread

First off, sorry for the lack of a Round 3 thread. Round 3 came during the first days of my college classes for the second semester so I was busy with those. Anyway, I will make sure I can do the Round threads from now on.

Unlike the ISL, the "real football" league has been quite surprising. Look at who is undefeated with a perfect record so far... yes... you guessed it... Royal Wahingdoh!!! Well, can they keep that streak alive when they host defending I-League champions Bengaluru FC on Saturday? Bengaluru FC will come into this game hoping to restart their season and get their first victory of the season. Two defeats in a row have left Bengaluru FC in 10th place, only behind Mumbai FC who have played a game less.

Sunday will see three games take place. We start off with Sporting Goa hosting Salgaocar and East Bengal hosting Shillong Lajong. Sporting Goa, like Bengaluru FC, will be looking to grab their first victory of this I-League campaign against an injury depleted Salgaocar. Salgaocar, who are also winless this season, currently stand in 7th compared to Sporting's 9th. East Bengal meanwhile will hope to take their victory over Bengaluru FC and use it as momentum against a Shillong Lajong side that just recently got battered by Pune 5-2. The final game of Sunday will see Pune take on completely defeated Mumbai in what is predicted to be a one-sided Maha derby.

And that is the end of the round for this weekend. The final match of the round, Bharat FC hosting Mohun Bagan, has been postponed to May 8th.

Matches:
Saturday, 31 January 2015:
- Royal Wahingdoh vs. Bengaluru FC (16:30; Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium).

Sunday, 1 February 2015:
- Sporting Goa vs. Salgaocar (16:30; Fatorda Stadium).
- East Bengal vs. Shillong Lajong (16:30; Salt Lake Stadium).
- Pune vs. Mumbai (19:00; Balewadi Sporting Complex).

Friday, 8 May 2015:
- Bharat FC vs. Mohun Bagan (19:00; Balewadi Sporting Complex).

Bye: Dempo.
namewtheldashindia

Comments