28/01/2012: Shillong Lajong VS Pune FC
28/01/2012: Chirag Kerala VS HAL

29/01/2012: Dempo SC VS Salgaocar

courtesy of kolkatafootball.com

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    sandesh gadkari scored his 6th goal and he is the top indian scorer
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    Congrats Gadkari! More commendable because this is done from a small team. By the way , what a comeback by Clube ! Levelling after being reduced to 10 men ! That too in an away match . And what a waste of chance by United, though they played good.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Congrats Gadkari! More commendable because this is done from a small team. By the way , what a comeback by Clube ! Levelling after being reduced to 10 men ! That too in an away match . And what a waste of chance by United, though they played good.
    there is not anything called away or home for any of a western states based clubs...and anyway air india was a better side throughout the season so not a surprising result
    abut here is one another surprising result as HAL achieved its first ever win in i-league with a 2-0 win over chirag at an away game(does it matter)
    Shankar, may be you are right about the home-away thing . But that does not take anything from Clube . Particularly when the opponent is United SC , one of the more consistent teams .
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Shankar, may be you are right about the home-away thing . But that does not take anything from Clube . Particularly when the opponent is United SC , one of the more consistent teams .
    that is what i am saying ,...in i-league if you want to be good all you need is a good squad and a manager who is capable to get the best of them...the home advantage hardly bring any effect to the matches like the way it should be ...with only exception i feel would be shillong lajong as we can see all teams who visit there feels a bit nervy and that is helping them to get better in this season
  • Shankar, may be you are right about the home-away thing . But that does not take anything from Clube . Particularly when the opponent is United SC , one of the more consistent teams .
    that is what i am saying ,...in i-league if you want to be good all you need is a good squad and a manager who is capable to get the best of them...the home advantage hardly bring any effect to the matches like the way it should be ...with only exception i feel would be shillong lajong as we can see all teams who visit there feels a bit nervy and that is helping them to get better in this season

I agree. I think the reason it is like that is because of all the teams sharing a stadium. Same grass, same attendance's, same venues. There are barely any differences.

We need teams like Salgaocar to move to the Tilak Maldain Stadium, especially after it got its renovation and lights, of course some small work would need to be done.

Prayag United SC should move the club to either Siliguri or (my own personal preference) Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh (or as it is also known, Prayag, Uttar Pradesh) and yes because the name of the club would then make sense. You can sponsor your company and cities history. They could also use the Madan Mohan Malaviya Cricket Stadium.

Also have Chirag or who ever plays in Kerala play there home matches at the Maharaja's Stadium in Kochi. The atmosphere would be so much better and the fans would come if you do some marketing. Like I think Somesh once said "all you have to do is market and the fans will come, its not rocket science".

BTW who here thinks that Salgaocar should play there AFC Cup matches at the Tilak Stadium.
  • trojantrojan 371 Points

I agree. I think the reason it is like that is because of all the teams sharing a stadium. Same grass, same attendance's, same venues. There are barely any differences.

We need teams like Salgaocar to move to the Tilak Maldain Stadium, especially after it got its renovation and lights, of course some small work would need to be done.

Prayag United SC should move the club to either Siliguri or (my own personal preference) Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh (or as it is also known, Prayag, Uttar Pradesh) and yes because the name of the club would then make sense. You can sponsor your company and cities history. They could also use the Madan Mohan Malaviya Cricket Stadium.

Also have Chirag or who ever plays in Kerala play there home matches at the Maharaja's Stadium in Kochi. The atmosphere would be so much better and the fans would come if you do some marketing. Like I think Somesh once said "all you have to do is market and the fans will come, its not rocket science".

BTW who here thinks that Salgaocar should play there AFC Cup matches at the Tilak Stadium.

OFF TOPIC :
    A professional club is very much needed in a big state like U.P. but instead of allahabad i'd suggest lucknow (inplace of prayag utd shifting base here a new club can also be formed). in BC ROY cup U.P. has won in the tier2 defeating haryana in the final and kerala in semis which has a decent football infra and professional clubs.
    im sure in a big state like UP there must be few thousands if not lakhs who can support a local club playing in the i league .
  • Ya Lucknow seems like a great place. I seen some pictures of the Indian Women's Football Team there at the training pitch and it looked good. Also Lucknow seems like a great sporting place. You also got the amazing K. D. Singh Babu Stadium and also apparently for 2020 or 2022 they want to build a world class athletic stadium (football basically). This city is the perfect place to create a franchise in and even better for an I-League team because you can expect a crowd (of course with proper marketing)

I still hope though that it will be Prayag as everyone here should know by now that Kolkata is Mohun Bagan's and East Bengal's city. Pailan and Prayag wont find a fair attendance at the 120,000 seater stadium. Hell, even if one of them can get 20,000-30,000 people regularly the Salt Lake would still sound and look empty. Its just to big and Bengal and Bagan have taken all the support. That is why I hope if Chirag stay up somehow they stay in Kerala and build themselves up there because they wont survive in Kolkata, not because Kolkata cant get fans at games, they certainly can but there is little non-Bagan and Bengal fans left.
    Yeah , CUK should stay afloat and stay in Kerala . But I dont think United SC should move to Allahabad , just to justify the sponsor's name . That way ,we are going back to sponsor-named clubs . And what happens if the club decides to change sponsor after a while ? They move back to Kolkata or what ?
    Yeah , CUK should stay afloat and stay in Kerala . But I dont think United SC should move to Allahabad , just to justify the sponsor's name . That way ,we are going back to sponsor-named clubs . And what happens if the club decides to change sponsor after a while ? They move back to Kolkata or what ?