List of Players who deserve National Team Call-Up

Comments

• sabirsabir 46 Points
    @ Arsenalfan I am surprised by your post. Robin Singh is regular in EB first XI unless he has any injury. What Mandeep has done this year Robin did the same last year for EB. And their age is almost same. With your logic Robin should have got chance last year itself. This year he had 2 goals in 3 matches in Fed cup. Later he was off for sometimes due to groin injury. Dont forget Robin , though bit inconsistant has scored 4-5 goals in derby in front of largest possible spectators in India. This fact testifies he doesnt crumble under pressure. On the other hand I doubt how many people go to see Air India match. Just number of goals is not enough to jump about a new striker. Honestly saying I have not seen anything special in Mandeep.
    Check this clip
  • sabir wrote:
    @ Arsenalfan I am surprised by your post. Robin Singh is regular in EB first XI unless he has any injury. What Mandeep has done this year Robin did the same last year for EB. And their age is almost same. With your logic Robin should have got chance last year itself. This year he had 2 goals in 3 matches in Fed cup. Later he was off for sometimes due to groin injury. Dont forget Robin , though bit inconsistant has scored 4-5 goals in derby in front of largest possible spectators in India. This fact testifies he doesnt crumble under pressure. On the other hand I doubt how many people go to see Air India match. Just number of goals is not enough to jump about a new striker. Honestly saying I have not seen anything special in Mandeep.
    Check this clip

I am basing this on this season. I saw how good Robin was last season, that is why I said he has potential but he needs to be smart with it. Manandeep is doing well this season. He deserved his call. Maybe if Robin can get into the India U22 side and do well he could earn a call-up to seniors.

From the few looks I got at Manandeep I see that he is a great striker and great potential which, if he joins Pune, Sikkim or Shillong, should be tapped.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    sabir wrote:
    All our players are promishing at an age of 19-20. Then they become Anthony Perreira and Sameer Naik. Because our club system is so bad they dont get opportunity to raise their level.

that is the reason why @arsenalfan wants these young players to try their luck in lover division clubs to get themselves the chance to improve as a player and also to move up the ladder
    robin singh is a good striker infact is good in creating chances if he is not able to score goals as i have seen in cuople of matches where as he was not able to score made some good move for tolgey to score those goals...he definitely deserves a call to the camp would relax the pressure on sunil or jeje and could easily be a good striker on bench to substite one of them
  • shankar wrote:
    robin singh is a good striker infact is good in creating chances if he is not able to score goals as i have seen in cuople of matches where as he was not able to score made some good move for tolgey to score those goals...he definitely deserves a call to the camp would relax the pressure on sunil or jeje and could easily be a good striker on bench to substite one of them

Still waiting for more consistency from him. He only has 3 assists this season. He has been part of many goals though.
  • shankar wrote:
    sabir wrote:
    All our players are promishing at an age of 19-20. Then they become Anthony Perreira and Sameer Naik. Because our club system is so bad they dont get opportunity to raise their level.

that is the reason why @arsenalfan wants these young players to try their luck in lover division clubs to get themselves the chance to improve as a player and also to move up the ladder

Kinda. I just want these Academies to team up with I-League teams so the graduates have a team straight away. But ya, if the coach thinks that a player wont get playing time then loan him to the 2nd Division or a small I-League team.
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Kinda. I just want these Academies to team up with I-League teams so the graduates have a team straight away. But ya, if the coach thinks that a player wont get playing time then loan him to the 2nd Division or a small I-League team.

absolutely i once was way happy to see inclusion of some mfc u-19 players in the main squad but were never really given the option some like jayesh rane ,rohit were excellent for them in previous year got the team to u-19 league final round got promotion to top div of mfl....when you dont find them any place they should have been loaned to teams like kenkre or pifa from mumbai who would be playing in 2nd div...they would have learned in those times ..
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Robin Singh seems in good touch in this years IFA shield and scored a goal even today and other hit the bar.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    He scored one...one head saved by the GK brilliantly....One shot hit the bar from top of the box.....one shot saved by the rushing GK who put a hand......and some good intelligent passes which could be converted to goal. I agree with Shankar....He is certainly better passer than other young Indian strikers. He just has to be consistant....BTW beautiful play by EB today...after seeing India team yesterday it was a fresh air.
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Robin singh or Speedy Singh it is quiet clear that none of the current Indian strikers are good enough for International level.They are worse than 3rd grade foreign players who ply their trade here in India.