India vs Philippines Live Discussions, 11th March 2012

Comments

• I don't think AFC failure has anything to do with deficiency in the abilities of foreign players, even in the last EB Al Oruba game, East Bengal played way better football than Al Oruba creating numerous chances, it was the stupid Bangladesh referee who awarded a controversial penalty that did EB in. At least watch Morgan's post match conference if you cannot watch the game. Also pathetic scheduling by AIFF, every day morgan is saying that EB is also representing INdia in AFC, why are we being deprived of our players, notably EB is playing AFC with barely two stopper backs, if one gets injured or a double yellow, they don't have a replacement. God knows what has all this to do with deficiencies in Opara or Penn or Tolgay's game
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Then whatever lol lets not cry when Indian team fails big time.Clubs can pay 3 crores to Mr X who in return will win them trophy.That should make everyone happy and satisfied.
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    projenator wrote:
    aha Odafa Okolie is a third grade foreigner, fans understanding of football is another of Indian football's nemesis. This morning I reacted to news in a Calcutta club forum about Chetri being shortlisted by Mamic to play in Indonesia league as follows
    "Now playing in Indonesia will be LEARNING FROM ABROAD for Chetri, I want to learn as much as possible, kitna funda. I tell him no need to go abroad , Odafa, Barreto ko first thing in the morning offer flowers and incense follow it by touching their feet."

In India Chum Bhutia and Boom Chetri is everything, above any criticism, others are all third grade, even if messi comes here, he will become third grade

Can you tell me what Odafe and Barreto can contribute to Indian Football ???

I haven't seen anything special from them in AFC competitions,they only do well in shit I-League by further depriving chance to young Indian players

We are also giving lame excuses for this debacle.Remember players like Vijayan Bhaichung played stupendously when foreigners like Chima,Barreto at their prime.Basically we do not enough players of international standard and we are suffering.If our defenders can successfully prevent Barreto,Odafe,ranty from scoring goals regularly then they will surely perform well in International standard too.
    Poor Alwyn George gonna graduate from Arrows only to polish someone shoes on the bench.
    dip_anj wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    projenator wrote:
    aha Odafa Okolie is a third grade foreigner, fans understanding of football is another of Indian football's nemesis. This morning I reacted to news in a Calcutta club forum about Chetri being shortlisted by Mamic to play in Indonesia league as follows
    "Now playing in Indonesia will be LEARNING FROM ABROAD for Chetri, I want to learn as much as possible, kitna funda. I tell him no need to go abroad , Odafa, Barreto ko first thing in the morning offer flowers and incense follow it by touching their feet."

In India Chum Bhutia and Boom Chetri is everything, above any criticism, others are all third grade, even if messi comes here, he will become third grade

Can you tell me what Odafe and Barreto can contribute to Indian Football ???

I haven't seen anything special from them in AFC competitions,they only do well in shit I-League by further depriving chance to young Indian players

We are also giving lame excuses for this debacle.Remember players like Vijayan Bhaichung played stupendously when foreigners like Chima,Barreto at their prime.Basically we do not enough players of international standard and we are suffering.If our defenders can successfully prevent Barreto,Odafe,ranty from scoring goals regularly then they will surely perform well in International standard too.

So what are clubs doing then spending 1 crore on Mr X and giving lame excuses of not having their own training ground or Academy.

Those days finance was not on the clubs side now they have and they have taken the liberty.

"I Pay you $$ and you give me trophy so who the fuck cares about Indian Football"

Anyway this a long debate,Never ending one.Half the people will agree with me the other half will not.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    time to get rid of joker coach/players and get a real coach
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    The logic of allowing foreign players is our players will improved playing with them. Unfortunately we are seeing either third class foreigners (the officials surely get a lot of cut money by bringing them) or players with injuries (covered up though). Only a few foreigners can be worth mentioning. As a result we are not getting players in key positions. Our clubs are totally visionless. They can waste crores for Odafe or Sunil Chhetry but nothing for infrastructure or new genration. Though academies are croping up like new fashion but I doubt how many of them have proper infrastructure or coaching and supporting staffs like physical trainer, doctor etc. If allowed this club officials will make all foreigner XI.

It's time the clubs should sit together and curtail payment of the players. Else their payment will keep on rising due to tug-of-war between clubs. If it doesnt work probihit foreign players for 3 years.

We talk about passing football etc. But it can not be developped within few weeks camp. All the clubs have to come in mutual agreement to follow this style and recruit coach who will go with it. We need our own style of play. It should be followed as a culture. Only then we can see team India playing it.

Fitness is clearly below international standard. So it is blocking full potential of the players. Without stamina and flexibility of body a player cant maintain technical ability. No wonder talent like ALvito get wasted. Tomorrow Savio will go; somebody else will come. But things will remain same if the faults are not corrected. Even Houghton's team was crushed in Asia cup and friendlies before that.
  • EnotEnot 129 Points
    In the youth team if one player in a hundred becomes a professional - this is a good result.
    Is necessary to search the Indian players were born in other countries.
    Its necessary to cancel the limit on foreign players in the I-league or make it in MLS - 11 foreign players in club can be.
    Must be given Indian citizenship to foreign players playing in India.
    Only a victory will make the Indian football popular.
    If the team loses everything - how many fans it will be?
    How many children will want to play football if they have nothing to be proud of?
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Its easy to say sack the coach , but lets face the facts :

Just like Indian cricket players have no desire to sweat blue when it comes to the Test matches or even 1-dayers
    The regulars of the Indian football team don't give a shit when they pull on the Blue jersey
    Look at a John Terry or Lampard when they play for England, just the way they belt out their national anthem is a sign of intent
    NOT 1 player on the Indian team sings the Anthem with any pride !

Regulars like Gouramangi, Samir Naik, Chettri & now it looks like Raju Gaekwad too, know that they will get picked irrespective of their performances.

Most of the squad play for teams that don't pass the ball but opt to kick it up to the foreign strikers :
    Salgaocar have no distinct style of play , so Rocus & Francis can't play a passing game that all of you are dreaming of.
    Raju, Jewel, Nabi, Vashum all play for teams that really on getting the ball up front as quickly as possible for Tolgay and Odafa, that they too can't adapt to a passing game.

One can see the logic of the 'crook' Colaco picking only Dempo players , but you can't argue that the game looked slightly better and the results too were more respectable.

Naik needs to be replaced but full backs of quality are on the rare side in the I-League, Denzil Franco would be the best bet for the future.

Indian clubs are not producing good Central Defenders, the reason why 2nd rate phirang defenders like Belo Razzak, Lamine Tamba, the 2 boys at Chirag Kerela, and a few other worse versions are managing to make a comfortable living here. ( Ugo is the best foreign defender, with Luciano a close 2nd)

The idea of bringing foreign players to India was to improve the level of Indian players, banning them for 3 years WILL NOT HELP !

Instead the newly formed union of Clubs should force the League to ONLY allow foreign players who have represented their countries at SOME level (junior or senior) . Others should not be granted visas , these QUALITY players can help the Indian players but not these 2nd rate Nigerians who don't offer much apart from part time pimping services