India vs Philippines Live Discussions, 11th March 2012

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    sabir wrote:
    The logic of allowing foreign players is our players will improved playing with them. Unfortunately we are seeing either third class foreigners (the officials surely get a lot of cut money by bringing them) or players with injuries (covered up though). Only a few foreigners can be worth mentioning. As a result we are not getting players in key positions. Our clubs are totally visionless. They can waste crores for Odafe or Sunil Chhetry but nothing for infrastructure or new genration. Though academies are croping up like new fashion but I doubt how many of them have proper infrastructure or coaching and supporting staffs like physical trainer, doctor etc. If allowed this club officials will make all foreigner XI.

It's time the clubs should sit together and curtail payment of the players. Else their payment will keep on rising due to tug-of-war between clubs. If it doesnt work probihit foreign players for 3 years.

We talk about passing football etc. But it can not be developped within few weeks camp. All the clubs have to come in mutual agreement to follow this style and recruit coach who will go with it. We need our own style of play. It should be followed as a culture. Only then we can see team India playing it.

Fitness is clearly below international standard. So it is blocking full potential of the players. Without stamina and flexibility of body a player cant maintain technical ability. No wonder talent like ALvito get wasted. Tomorrow Savio will go; somebody else will come. But things will remain same if the faults are not corrected. Even Houghton's team was crushed in Asia cup and friendlies before that.

Exactly man some excellent points there.

If clubs think they are the most effected then let them search for PIO's willing to give-up their passports and play in India for India.Let them spend 3 crores on Prince Rajcomar atleast he'll help Indian NT or even fetch some transfer fees if he moves back to Europe.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Enot wrote:
    In the youth team if one player in a hundred becomes a professional - this is a good result.
    Is necessary to search the Indian players were born in other countries.
    Its necessary to cancel the limit on foreign players in the I-league or make it in MLS - 11 foreign players in club can be.
    Must be given Indian citizenship to foreign players playing in India.
    Only a victory will make the Indian football popular.
    If the team loses everything - how many fans it will be?
    How many children will want to play football if they have nothing to be proud of?
    ya we need to get the results to get fans to follow our game or else we gonna we called and considered as sleeping giant forever...
    though i dont know whether foreigners shall be given citizenship as getting citizenship is one of the toughest in india
  • Well I really think its time now for a big change as to how we conduct I-League..many major changes has to be made..I agree dat we need to luk at the quality of foreigners playing in our leagues..also the AIFF needs to talk to the Govt. to give dem a lil leniency regarding any PIO willing to play for India..wid da current rules most PIOs would not be interested and cant play for India now..!!
    Also I think Rob Baan should be asked to suggest the names of few foreign coaches..so dat thy can be immediately be called for interview!!

• Well I really think its time now for a big change as to how we conduct I-League..many major changes has to be made..I agree dat we need to luk at the quality of foreigners playing in our leagues..also the AIFF needs to talk to the Govt. to give dem a lil leniency regarding any PIO willing to play for India..wid da current rules most PIOs would not be interested and cant play for India now..!!
    Also I think Rob Baan should be asked to suggest the names of few foreign coaches..so dat thy can be immediately be called for interview!!

Ya Robert Baan should know some people that would do well.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    The foreign player logic is not holding...Ok accepted that the strikers and not developing. But why are our midfield so bad and why the defence so hapless? Defenders and midfielder get enuf chances in all clubs...

I wud still say the problem is with the approach, the tactics, the coach, and the selection
  • rudra wrote:
    The foreign player logic is not holding...Ok accepted that the strikers and not developing. But why are our midfield so bad and why the defence so hapless? Defenders and midfielder get enuf chances in all clubs...

I wud still say the problem is with the approach, the tactics, the coach, and the selection

Its because most of our defenders and goalkeepers started as forwards but were forced to play midfield. Same with midfielders.
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:

Its because most of our defenders and goalkeepers started as forwards but were forced to play midfield. Same with midfielders.
    We would have done much better if Savio were not in charge of this national team.First of all his team selection is very poor and he does not have any match reading power.Regarding Indian defenders least we say is better.Even in domestic league they cannot block players like Odafa,Ranty,Tolgay who were scoring at will.Lets admit that we do not have enough players with calibre.Nabi,Sunil,Subrata,Karanjit,Gourmangi,Ralte,Lalkamal/Jewel (when available) should be part of the core team.If Armando was in charge of this team we would have surely won the 2 matches at least against Tajiks.

• ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    "I can see this side is still playing a 'kick-and-rush' football but I believe India is more suitable team for short passes," he opined when asked about his view on India's approach and strategy in the match."

:- http://www.the-afc.com/en/tournaments/men-a-youth/afc-challenge-cup/38300-phi-v-ind-reaction
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    "I can see this side is still playing a 'kick-and-rush' football but I believe India is more suitable team for short passes," he opined when asked about his view on India's approach and strategy in the match."

:- http://www.the-afc.com/en/tournaments/men-a-youth/afc-challenge-cup/38300-phi-v-ind-reaction

sadly he never knew how good is our national coach and his strategy
  • ashindia wrote:

I love the link you gave. Men-a-youth... more like Men VS Youth