2012 Bangalore Super Division

Comments

• archak wrote:
    THE BDFA announced 1lakh rs to his family....

+1 to the BDFA.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    What is 1 lakh for God's sake. Although I understand that is what BDFA is capable of giving. Why don't they learn lessons from others' mistakes? An ambulance is least they could have provided
  • somesh wrote:
    What is 1 lakh for God's sake. Although I understand that is what BDFA is capable of giving. Why don't they learn lessons from others' mistakes? An ambulance is least they could have provided

That is probably the reason for 1 lakh, also lets admit. The "A" Division Bangalore League is the equal to recreational soccer here in America. Its practically sign up and your in. I bet that the interest in Ambulance (at least at the stadium) is due to the quality and speed which is technically slow.
  • Terrible. Football stadia in Bangalore are inside proper city and hospitals are near every stadium.
  • Terrible. Football stadia in Bangalore are inside proper city and hospitals are near every stadium.

yes but this is again like go to work and come here to play football. They probably were not expecting anyone to die or at least even break a leg because of how slow the games would be. Of course though I could be wrong.
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    First of all how come such players being selected by the teams huh ?? There should be proper medical testing before selecting players and playing them in the match.

60% blame is with the stupid club with no brains and rest is with idiots conducting the tournament without basic facilities.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    An AIFF official apparently said that although the federation is partially responsible for these sort of accidents, the players should also ensure that they are fit enough.
    http://www.firstpost.com/sports/football-death-aiff-official-says-indians-are-just-not-fit-enough-252722.html

If Fabrice Muamba’s case sent ripples across European football, then D. Venkateshan’s death in an A-division match hosted by the Bangalore District Football Association made Indians realise how important medical facilities are during a sporting event.

Muamba, who is now recovering, was given immediate treatment on the field before being stretchered off and transported to a hospital.

But with Venkateshan, that was not meant to be. There was no ambulance on the scene and the players and a physio had to perform basic treatment to try and revive him.

However, the All India Football Federation believes that they alone can’t be blamed for such incidents.

“Take any player – Baichung (Bhutia), (Sunil) Chhetri, be it anyone, they are just not fit enough. One side of the story is that the clubs and the federations are blamed. But it is also up to the players to maintain themselves. Some of them have a very undisciplined life. These are supposed to be the most fit athletes, but it is far from that.,” said an unnamed source in the AIFF.

“To be very frank, even when the Indian team went to the AFC, our players were unfit. They need to be at their peak during the middle of the season.”

He also compared athletes from other sports: “Cricketers are not dying, hockey players are not dying… why are only football players dying? I don’t think they take enough care of themselves. The coaches have to work really hard to push them to peak fitness before a season.”

Venkateshan is not the first Indian player to suffer from such a Sudden Death Syndrome. Sanjib Dutta, midfielder for Mohun Bagan, lost his life after a player’s elbow sank into his chest during a tackle in 1993.

Dempo’s Cristiano Junior, who collapsed after a collision with Subrata Paul in 2004 is also one of the high-profile incidents. Even at that time, hospital officials said that there was no request made for doctors to be at the match.

In another incident, HAL goalkeeper Arun Kumar had died of a heart-attack after a collision during training in 2011.

“I am not saying that the federations are not partly responsible. The AIFF makes sure there are two ambulances and one doctor before kick-off in tournaments that we host. What happened with Venkateshan is regrettable and we have asked for an explanation from the federation responsible for the tournament.”
    _______________________________________________________________________________

I have to say I sort of agree with that..
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    According to Rudra he collapsed just after warming-up and few sources say 20 mins,so imagine what kind of club it is

Whenever I go to summer camps we are never allowed to play matches until we are fit enough
  • I read a source that said in the 78th minute.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    may be it was federation which failed to have the ambulance which is their main concern but we do expect a doctor/ a physio to be present who could have some sort of first aid knowledge which shall be done...
    it is time all state federation get strict with the support staffs needed for a club to participate as well ..it is really bad that such thing has happened so many repeated times in same city and yet they are not prepared to get over such incidents i just hope in future such incidents are avoided by both clubs and federation and also i just wish the players are also able to keep themselves updated about their physical fitness