AIFF International Youth Cup 2016

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Yes, if this side is better or even at the level of the IMG Academy India U16 side then they are easily better than a US high school team.
    alecsmunna219777
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    time for the show to start
    lets hope for good show
    edited May 2016
    BTW, just remembered this... kinda ironic with this woman who is supposedly a former captain for India claiming she and some of the team were harassed in the nineties... John Hackworth, the coach of the US u17s here, was accused of having the young players on the Philadelphia Union (MLS team) participate in fucked up hazing rituals, spanking, forced over working out, and basically mentally straining certain guys.

He had already got into the US coaching setup before this came out (along with other coaches with the Union) and he still holds the job cause the US Soccer Federation, like AIFF, is less "what you know" and more "who you know". Otherwise I doubt someone like Jurgen Klinsmann, a man who promotes a strong technical game, would allow John "Punt up the field or bunker" Hackworth to coach.

Thus I believe India can actually beat the US and I hope they do... fuck John Hackworth and fuck the old guard of the US Soccer Federation (only guys I like are Jurgen, Andres his assistant, and Sunil Gulati).
    munna219777
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Sunil Gulati should really be invited to India by government to put in a real structure in place....we need some fundamental restructuring akin to what happened in US. Washed up politicians wanting to make a fast buck are not the answer as being proven with the sham restructuring being proposed .....government really needs to practice some tough love on this mini fiefdoms' of sporting associations....no results -no money.
    munna219777
    Gulati may not the best answer to be directly involved in structuring Indian football but if we could get someone like him that would be great. The guy teaches at one of the best schools for business in the world and has played the game (amateur/youth) and loves it... then you have Patel, best known for his work with Air India.
    deepakcmunna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9949 Points
    Not possible. Politicians have taken over AIFF and other sports bodies. It is a convenient tool to leverage influences and extract money which they won't trade with anything else. Any attempt to reform will be sabotaged by them. Any pro-active stance by the Government (however well meaning it may be) is bound to attract sanctions by FIFA and IOC. It is a hopeless situation, yes.

And for heaven's sake, this is NOT pessimism, this is just the ground reality. Any person sifting through the discussions on Indian football in this forum from the beginning would realize it ...
    munna219777
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1935 Points
    BTW all India matches to be live streamed on @7negi 's page. But wait I don't need to mention this here, everyone already knows it. ;)
    munna219777
    I don't think its pessimism, that is the reality. Only thing we can hope for is that the youth who are getting into football will grow up and that maybe some of them will get into the AIFF or something like that.
    munna219777
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    The 8pm INDvMAS match will be streamed on INFT Facebook page
    jees_josemunna219777dev_pfckartik91samSoham_Desamiamsparta
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    Anyone went to see the first match?