I-League Round 22

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    That is sad. They had been doing great work so far. But how did this happen? As far as I know, they are on a shared hosting, which is peanut's cost. Do they also employ a lot of people? That might be the reason
  • Even goal.com is down.

This is not good. I use KolkataFootball and goal for wikipedia. I hope they get through it.

This just shows how bad the media is bad in Indian football. (By media I mean online websites, getting info and all that)

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Even goal.com is down.

This is not good. I use KolkataFootball and goal for wikipedia. I hope they get through it.

This just shows how bad the media is bad in Indian football. (By media I mean online websites, getting info and all that)

may be they all are down because of this earth hour thing which was being held at 8:30 to 9:30 today...
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    The group called ANONYMOUS had threatened to blackout all internet activities on Saturday for the entire day. may be its showing partial effect
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    somesh wrote:
    The group called ANONYMOUS had threatened to blackout all internet activities on Saturday for the entire day. may be its showing partial effect

Yeah read that somewhere
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    edited March 2012
    ashindia wrote:
    somesh wrote:

Yeah read that somewhere

yeah but the users accounts associated with anonymus denied that they were planning to do such a thing in protest of sopa
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Looks like our Air India hereos had a quiet match

Salgaocar SC 1 (Ryuji Sueoka – 23rd) - 0 Air India

MARGAO: Salgaocar Sports Club relied on a solitary penalty strike from Ryuji Sueoka to scrape past Air India in a 22nd round I League clash at the Nehru Stadium, Fatorda on Saturday.

Sueoka converted a 22rd minute penalty to give Salgaocar three points and some good morale before they travel to Jordan for their AFC Cup clash against Al Widhat.

Salgaocar took the field without suspended Nigerian striker Edeh Chidi but the home side were never short on attacking firepower. Sueoka himself was breathing down Air India’s neck all the time while Beevan D’Mello’s paces also created several problems for his markers.

Salgaocar, however, could not translate their domination into goals as several chances were muffed by the likes of Sueoka, Beevan, Francis Fernandes and Ishfaq Ahmed.

The only goal of the match happened in the 23rd minute when Kali Alaudeen tripped Nicolau Colaco inside the box. Sueoka then converted the penalty with ease.

Air India were pinned on the back foot for most of the first half but showed some spunk in the second session, although that made them susceptible to counter attacks. Air India striker Ezeh Henry tried to bulldoze his way most of the times but with rival captain Luciano Sobrosa hot on his trail, he could not do much.

Air India did not trouble Salgaocar goalkeeper Karanjit Singh. There were a couple of feeble attempts which did not raise much sweat in the rival camp.

Salgaocar now have 39 points from 22 outings while Air India are stuck on 28 from 22 matches.

http://www.the-aiff.com/pages/news/index.php?N_Id=3087
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Bad phase for Lajong

Sporting Clube de Goa 1 (Adil Khan – 70th) - 0 Lajong

SHILLONG: Sporting Clube de Goa earned full points as they beat host Shillong Lajong FC by a solitary goal in the 22nd round of I League at the JN Sports Complex, on Saturday. Sporting's Adil Khan scored the only goal of the match.

It was the Shillong Lajong who started the match on a aggressive note and controlled the proceeding in the first half. However, they missed as many as three opportunities to convert, closest coming in the 29th minute when Lajong skipper John D. Menyongar dribble pass three defenders and took the shot which went over the bar. Had John controlled the ball and try for the far post the story could have been different.

Changing over, the Goan side came heavy and exploded over the rivals weak defence line. In the 64th minute of the game Sporting’s Kalu N. Ogba had an open chance to score a goal, he just had to beat lajong custodian Lalthuammawia Ralte but his shot went wide.

In the 70th minute Lajong defence were caught napping when unmarked Adil Khan, who was later declared man of the match, tapped in a deflected ball off rival custodian into the net, which earned the Goan's full points.

Lady luck had forgotten to smile over home side as in the 77th minute Matthew Osvaldo Mayora’s powerful shot hit the bar. Had it been an inch low, it would have been a different story.

With this win Sporting Clube now have 34 points from 22 matches while Shillong Lajong stays at 27 points from 22 outings.

http://www.the-aiff.com/pages/news/index.php?N_Id=3086
  • Shillong will come back. I am sure they will buy over the offseason.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Indian international striker Sushil Singh yet to score for Lajong :(|)