Pune FC Academy

Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
edited March 2012 in Pune FC
Just a thread on the Pune FC Academy team.

Comments

• <b>PDFA Super Division League: Double treat by Haokip, Gobin and Pune FC ‘A’</b>

Pune FC ‘A’ scored their second consecutive win by running over Chetak SC ‘A’ 5-2, but not before going into arrears as early as the first minute of play in a Group-B encounter of the Poona District Football Association (PDFA) Super Division League at the Range Hills ground.

Striker Thonkhosiem Haokip (21st and 35th minute) and defender Gobin Singh (23rd and 47th minute) scored a brace each after medio Nikhil Kadam found the equalizer in the 17th minute of play.

Pune FC ‘A’ found themselves in arrears in the opening minute when a deep throw by the opponents from the right wing bounced onto the hand of defender James Singh resulting in a penalty kick. Chetak’s Suchit Borwake made no mistake from the ‘spot’ beating Rajiv Miryala, who was playing his first match of the ongoing league.

Miryala, for this match, came in for Sarif Molla for this game.

The goal spurred the opponents who almost added another had it not been Gobin making a clearance on the goalline. Off a corner , Pune FC ‘A’ ‘keeper got foxed by a deflection that resulted in the ball going out and a rival attacker taking a full blooded shot on goal.

Stunned by the unexpected goal and the narrow escape thereafter, Pune FC took a while to level out the game. Medio David Lalbiakzara finding Nikhil running on the right released at the right time to give his teammate space and advantage over the rival defender. Nikhil ran solo, deep into the box and drove in from close in the gap left by the Chetak keeper at first post.

Four minutes later, Pune FC ‘A’ surged ahead through a combined effort. Skipper Suji Kumar on the right wing utalised the pass provided by Gobin to release a cross that found an unmarked Haokip head home from top of the box.

With Pune FC ‘A’ settling down and attacking the rivals constantly, it was Nikhil who earned his team a penalty kick when he was brought down on a solo by the opponents custodian inside the penalty area. Gobin stepped up and sent the goalkeeper the wrong way finding a yawning goal open on the right.

At half time, Pune FC ‘A’ sat pretty with a 3-1 lead.

On resumption, Pune FC ‘A’ added a fourth goal. David dashing off on the right flank ended setting up Suji for a cross. Suji’s subsequent effort found unmarked Hoakip inside the box who in turn did well to beat two defenders and scored from six-yards out.

Goal No.5 came in the most casual way for Pune FC ‘A’. Off a free kick 30 yards out Gobin played long only to be surprised when the Chetak custodian fumbled in his collection and allowing the ball to go between his legs into the goal.

Chetak fought back and pulled another goal back by making full use of a defensive error. A cross from the right saw Simeon Pudaite direct a free-header leaving the ‘keeper Rajiv rooted to his position.

TEAM

Pune FC ‘A’: Rajiv Miryala; James Singh, Gobin Singh, Lalremwma Lianha Rintea, Ts. Henry (31’; Riyan Yadgiri), Monsang, Suji Kumar (Capt.), F. Lalrempuia (38’; G. Karthik), Abung Meetie, David Lalbiakzara, Thonkhosiem Haokip, Nikhil Kadam (34’; R. Shivram)

Unused Subs: Bhushan Patil, Deepak Kumar, Janak Kudmal, L. William

Good move by them by playing there Academy kids in the state league instead of seniors.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    2-3 academies right in the states like Mizoram, Manipur, Meghalaya can change Indian football in a great way...just look at the Pune academy team half of the guys from those states....

Even a lot of players in MB-SAIL, TFA academy come from there.... a 'in home' academy will make a lot of difference....Setting up academies in metros like delhi, mumbai, bangalore, kolkata etc will be much less effective than setting up academies right in the catchment areas...

anyways the message was for AIFF, PUNE FC doing a great job with their set up
  • rudra wrote:
    2-3 academies right in the states like Mizoram, Manipur, Meghalaya can change Indian football in a great way...just look at the Pune academy team half of the guys from those states....

Even a lot of players in MB-SAIL, TFA academy come from there.... a 'in home' academy will make a lot of difference....Setting up academies in metros like delhi, mumbai, bangalore, kolkata etc will be much less effective than setting up academies right in the catchment areas...

anyways the message was for AIFF, PUNE FC doing a great job with their set up

Ya I agree. That is my only criticism of the Pune FC Academy. I would expect them over time to get more locals from in and around Pune.

Anyway I agree that the AIFF should but an academy in Mizoram and Manipur. Great talents. Right now Shillong Lajong and Royal Wahingdoh have said that they will start Academies in Meghalaya so that state is covered. Also the NPL is working for Nagaland.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Ya I agree. That is my only criticism of the Pune FC Academy. I would expect them over time to get more locals from in and around Pune.

Its interesting, coz while talking to a player who had gone to PFC academy trails was saying the Pune/Maharashtra guys were getting advantage :P

Anyway maybe he was just saying coz he didnt got chance
  • rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:

Its interesting, coz while talking to a player who had gone to PFC academy trails was saying the Pune/Maharashtra guys were getting advantage :P

Anyway maybe he was just saying coz he didnt got chance

meh who knows.
  • Reviving the thread with news already posted on this forum:

PPFCA Under-19 and 17 trials from April 20

This is great news for Pune FC and their youth development. So far they are already producing players with Nikhil Kadam, Suji Kumar, and Kamardeep Kumar making it to the first-team. Nikhil being the only one to feature in a match for the first-team this season with his professional debut coming against Salgaocar in the Federation Cup.

Great start for an Academy that is only a year old. Hopefully this news will bring upon better news for the future. The Barcelona and Arsenal of India? Not yet but they are getting there.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Reviving the thread with news already posted on this forum:

PPFCA Under-19 and 17 trials from April 20

This is great news for Pune FC and their youth development. So far they are already producing players with Nikhil Kadam, Suji Kumar, and Kamardeep Kumar making it to the first-team. Nikhil being the only one to feature in a match for the first-team this season with his professional debut coming against Salgaocar in the Federation Cup.

Great start for an Academy that is only a year old. Hopefully this news will bring upon better news for the future. The Barcelona and Arsenal of India? Not yet but they are getting there.

many of last season's mumbai fc u-20 team players says that nikhil kadam is surely gonna make big...
    and also the pfc team rates him high... probably their first breed of local player may be their club's gerrard
  • That sounds promising. Right now it seems that Nikhil will be seen more next season. He is still 19. I like the comparisons to Gerrard as well. Hopefully PFC can produce more of those.

• Ranjan Choudhary bringing in 3 foreigners for the academy in May..2 are from Lagos,Nigeria and 1 from Togo..They are school students 15/16 years old..

• archakarchak 2082 Points

is Nikhil Kadam anyway related to abhijit kadam????