IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    Jhonstone Paint Trophy = Rovers Cup
  • How bout this...

Durand Cup = I-League plus every team in select TOP state leagues.

Rovers Cup = Every team in select TOP state leagues to fight who is the best state league team.

Honestly I dont think 2 cups is really needed. I like involving banks and companies in the cup. Maybe that can be some sort of pre-season cup.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    What about the malpractices, a NO RELEGATION league will promote? ever thought about them?
    Every idea/theory needs to be judged from its advantages and disadvantages
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    archak wrote:
    it should be a 25 man roster and 1.75 lakh salary cap is too low bro for rookies

These are Indian rookies. They are worth nothing in there rookie season. And also I said this is a 2 year salary agreement. Maybe when the deal is looked at again you can increase the salary from 1.75 lakh to whatever. And yes that is 1.75 lakh for the whole season.

If you offer Rs 1.75 lakhs per season to a player, he will say"Fuck You" and open a Tea stall. Don't put forward ridiculous terms
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Btw, I love this thread. Itslike bulding up of anticipation and excitement before summer holidays. I just hope, they stand upright
  • somesh wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    archak wrote:
    it should be a 25 man roster and 1.75 lakh salary cap is too low bro for rookies

These are Indian rookies. They are worth nothing in there rookie season. And also I said this is a 2 year salary agreement. Maybe when the deal is looked at again you can increase the salary from 1.75 lakh to whatever. And yes that is 1.75 lakh for the whole season.

If you offer Rs 1.75 lakhs per season to a player, he will say"Fuck You" and open a Tea stall. Don't put forward ridiculous terms

I did admit that I may have went to low and have said what you think the maximum should be.

There should be a maximum anyway. We all know that if you pay the youngster to much they will start to think to much of themselves and eventually not be very good anymore.
  • rudra wrote:
    What about the malpractices, a NO RELEGATION league will promote? ever thought about them?

I did not say that no relegation should stay forever. Just till we have a stable 18-20 team league and a stable 10-12 team 2nd Division. Right now relegation is to dangerous.

Again I point to 2010 where Lajong and Sporting were relegated and ONGC and HAL promoted.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    move the decimal to one place to the right that should give you a near about range for the max wage 17.5 lakhs
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:

I did not say that no relegation should stay forever. Just till we have a stable 18-20 team league and a stable 10-12 team 2nd Division. Right now relegation is to dangerous.

Again I point to 2010 where Lajong and Sporting were relegated and ONGC and HAL promoted.

Till then there would be a big chance of malpractices between big clubs and small clubs and also about the quality of players a less ambition club will recruit....

OK Let me elaborate it tomorrow (i will post a long post this time)...very sleepy and tired now
  • rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:

Till then there would be a big chance of malpractices between big clubs and small clubs and also about the quality of players a less ambition club will recruit....

OK Let me elaborate it tomorrow (i will post a long post this time)...very sleepy and tired now

Before you get to bed let me just say that is what the cup would be for. That would get clubs from I-League and State Leagues against each other. Although I guess I understand what you mean from clubs actually giving a shit. I will do some more research.