IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• archak wrote:
    move the decimal to one place to the right that should give you a near about range for the max wage 17.5 lakhs

Okay, I just looked at it.

I am just going by Indian Rupee now as I am still new to the term lakh.

So in MLS the salary for rookies is around $40,000 (Yearly). So convert $ to Indian Rupees.

So $40,000 would equal 2,000,000 Indian rupees. Which from another quick google search would be 20 lakh.

Inform me if I am wrong though.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    one lakh = one hundred thousand
  • archak wrote:
    one lakh = one hundred thousand

So I was right.

20 * 100,000 = 2,000,000.

Thanks man.
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Just make it to upto 8 lakhs,17 is too much clubs like Air India or RWFC will not be able to pay and they might just choose stay out of I-League.

Team Wage Budget should be 4 crores for 27 players,rest 3 can be paid how much ever the club can afford.

New Additions Which I would like to see :-
    1) U-20 League for I-League clubs,2nd Division clubs,Academies,and State League teams which can afford to have its own U-20 Team.League should be structured in region wise and should be played in H/A format with knockout in the end.

In U-20 League teams are allowed to field 3 overage players so that they can test injury returned players instead to have them compete in I-League for a starting berth.

2) U-17 League for I-League Clubs,2nd Division Clubs and entry for other teams is done only if they have a valid U-17 program.Format for the league be same like U-20 League

Price Money for U-20 League should be 25 Lakhs and U-17 League should be 10 Lakhs.

These Youth Leagues should be important addition by AIFF to make sure clubs invest money in developing Youth.

Atleast 3 years from next season all I-League clubs need to have residential program for U-17(14-16) and U-20(17-19).
  • ashindia wrote:
    Just make it to upto 8 lakhs,17 is too much clubs like Air India or RWFC will not be able to pay and they might just choose stay out of I-League.

Team Wage Budget should be 4 crores for 27 players,rest 3 can be paid how much ever the club can afford.

New Additions Which I would like to see :-
    1) U-20 League for I-League clubs,2nd Division clubs,Academies,and State League teams which can afford to have its own U-20 Team.League should be structured in region wise and should be played in H/A format with knockout in the end.

In U-20 League teams are allowed to field 3 overage players so that they can test injury returned players instead to have them compete in I-League for a starting berth.

2) U-17 League for I-League Clubs,2nd Division Clubs and entry for other teams is done only if they have a valid U-17 program.Format for the league be same like U-20 League

Price Money for U-20 League should be 25 Lakhs and U-17 League should be 10 Lakhs.

These Youth Leagues should be important addition by AIFF to make sure clubs invest money in developing Youth.

Atleast 3 years from next season all I-League clubs need to have residential program for U-17(14-16) and U-20(17-19).

I agree with everything except for the 2nd Division.

If you look at places like Japan and Korea, they waited a few years before starting there 2nd Division. Even in Australia and the United States we have not started it. That is what I dont like. 1 year after the 1996-97 NFL the AIFF started the NFL 2nd Division. 1 year after I-League we started the I-League 2nd Division. Just put it on hiatus for a few years and let the state leagues develop.

Once we have at least 10 stable state leagues and an 18-team I-League we can start a 12 team I-League 2nd Division with selective promotion/relegation in which the bottom I-League clubs are relegated only if the two promoted 2nd Division clubs meet I-League criteria.

Here read these...

http://tensport.com.au/news/theroar/Football-Lets-get-real-about-promotion-relegation-and-B-League.htm (LOVE THIS ONE)

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/01/18/2852687/k-leagues-new-promotion-relegation-system-leaves-community-owned-

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132585&page=1

These articles show why here in India, if you think about it. That expansion should happen and then once we are financially stable start the 2nd Division.

Right now promotion/relegation is too risky and could kill a team financially.

Also I like what they did in Australia. There was a bid for the city of Canberra to get an A-League club and in order to make sure that Canberra could have support for a club the FFA (Football Federation of Australia) decided to hold 2 matches at Canberra. One would be an Australian national friendly and the other an A-League game. For the Australia friendly the game would need an attendance of 20,000, which it did BUT for the A-League game the attendance was low and people now think that a team may not work.

The reason I like that is because they tested it before just giving the team to that city. We should do that with places like Hyderabad and Chennai. Have I-League matches there. Make them prove they can have a team.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    we definitely should be looking for the option what korea is planning to implement..to reduce the no of clubs to 12 in coming season and removing those clubs which are not fulfilling the criteria as well
    and come up with a 15 team 2nd division in next 2 seasons which would be good...
    and also i like the example of canberra to check the efficiency of a place as probable football expansion club...

still i would on any day will prefer a franchise format than the traditional promotion/relegation system in our league
  • shankar wrote:
    we definitely should be looking for the option what korea is planning to implement..to reduce the no of clubs to 12 in coming season and removing those clubs which are not fulfilling the criteria as well
    and come up with a 15 team 2nd division in next 2 seasons which would be good...
    and also i like the example of canberra to check the efficiency of a place as probable football expansion club...

still i would on any day will prefer a franchise format than the traditional promotion/relegation system in our league

I think 12 clubs is good from next season onwards. Right now Air India and HAL cant do shit financially. Pailan Arrows is also questionable and same with Chirag so I would get rid of them and start the league with 12 clubs...

Pune FC, Mumbai FC, Dempo SC, Sporting Goa, Churchill Brothers, Salgaocar, Mohun Bagan, East Bengal, Prayag United, United Sikkim, Royal Wahingdoh, Shillong Lajong FC

My only problem with this is the 4 clubs in Goa. To have a temporary fix to this have 2 teams play there home matches at the Tilak and the other 2 use the Fatorda.

As for a 2nd Division once we have 16 teams we can start a 10 team 2nd Division. Send 2 of the Goan teams down. Select the two best Nagaland teams. Select the best Mizo teams. Select Delhi United FC, Hyderabad Globe and others and dont do promotion/relegation yet. When the 2nd Division is 3 years old go check the financial records and if feasible have pro/rel. Till then, expand.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    i am very keen to see this AIFF-IMG reply , Indian football can surely move up a notch or fall based on the result sof this meeitng..I do not really see Dempo , Salgaocar or Sporting club who are all company clubs, run buy passionate owners lose 10-12 crores every year without even some return on costs..At worst I see the teams may be disbanded in 4-5 years if there is noting to show for.We have lost JCT and Mahindra as finally it all boils down to money..