IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    was wondering would the aiff -IMG make I-league a Seperate Legal Entity run by the I-league clubs and agree to Revenue sharing of 700 crore -15year deal
  • Cheers mate.

Actually when is the date because I thought it was April 24th yet you have April 20th. I just randomly guessed April 24th when I started the topic, to lazy to check :D
  • silicon3 wrote:
    was wondering would the aiff -IMG make I-league a Seperate Legal Entity run by the I-league clubs and agree to Revenue sharing of 700 crore -15year deal

Realistically they will most likely leave. If they dont accept the deal then the clubs will break off and AIFF will lose all help from the AFC and FIFA and also the players would not be eligable for international games as they dont play for a team affiliated with the AIFF.

I think right now they should compromise and come up with a deal. Have the I-League be a seperate company but have the league be ran mainly on 20 people. 10 of which are 10 chosen I-League owners. The next 5 are from the IMG and the rest are from the AIFF so everyones view is taken.

• This is the new official thread of the HUGE discussion.
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Don't hype this thread so much,AIFF will disappoint us again.I don't have faith on them to deliver the right product.

This season was supposed to be changing the face of I-League but it is a utter failure with 0.01 T.V ratings, along with shit like opening ceremony and a mega failure points at AFC Criteria allocation,this after all promises. :-??
  • ashindia wrote:
    Don't hype this thread so much,AIFF will disappoint us again.I don't have faith on them to deliver the right product.

This season was supposed to be changing the face of I-League but it is a utter failure with 0.01 T.V ratings, along with shit like opening ceremony and a mega failure points at AFC Criteria allocation,this after all promises. :-??

Well lets look at this...

1) The AIFF and IMG HAVE TO accept the I-League owners demands to open that owners federation or they will leave and start there own league NOT affiliated with the AIFF.

2) If they start there own non-aiff league then the players would not be allowed to play for India (so no Subrata Pal, no Sunil Chhetri, no Lalrindika) and the league would not be allowed in Asian competition.

3) It all depends on the format the AIFF and I-League owners agree to.

Right now I think they need to start over and do what Cricket and Hockey have done. A 10-team franchise league with no relegation and varying expansion.

Again East Bengal, Mohun Bagan, Prayag United, Pune FC, Mumbai FC, Dempo SC, Sporting Goa, Shillong Lajong FC, United Sikkim FC, and Royal Wahingdoh FC.

Have it be a 18 game season. And have play-offs. Have it be the top 4 teams play in a 2 round match-up. 2 leg Semi-Final and a Grand Final.

Also if a company wants the club to be named after them then they should agree to pay the AIFF and league or they wont be allowed in the league. So Kingfisher, Dempo, McDowell etc would have to pay a fee if they want there name to be the name of the club.
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Okay nobody is talking about prize money and budget of I-League,how much do you think AIFF has to increase.

Few days back they said I-League next season will have increase of 2 crores in budget,but I feel its too less.
  • ashindia wrote:
    Okay nobody is talking about prize money and budget of I-League,how much do you think AIFF has to increase.

Few days back they said I-League next season will have increase of 2 crores in budget,but I feel its too less.

It depends on how much money the champion club has. I would say 5 crores.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

It depends on how much money the champion club has. I would say 5 crores.

I doubt 2 crores is all for prize money.... it consists of all the expenses provided to the club. The prize money should increase to 5 crores for the winning team and 75 lakhs for the bottom placed team....
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i think as every one saying we need a salary cap and no relegation atleast 3 years ,and teams will be added in 3 rd year of i-league or so,also we need a website like ileague.com something