Brandon Fernandes

ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
edited April 2012 in Indian Football Players
He's no more a upcoming talent he is already a talent and deserves a thread of his own.With his recent showing he has proven to be one of the best talents in South Africa.

So next ASD will be touring Europe to play few matches,lets hope that Brandon will be the first Indian football player to sign for European club purely because of his talent(unlike Sunil etc).
clayton SFC

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    ASD praising Brandon on their website :-

Brandon Fernandes and ASD

ASD Cape Town played Crusaders in the Final of the Plate this morning in South Africa's Metropolitan Premier Cup 2012.

ASD won 3-1, with Indian International Brandon Fernandes adding to the score sheet with yet another beautiful goal in this tournament.

Brandon has become a crowd favourite and chants of his nickname 'India' could be heard echoing throughout the stands today.

He adds a Messi-style touch to the game and plays with such fighting spirit that he has proven to be a secret weapon in the ASD squad.

After scoring in today's game the opposition were getting frustrated and started 'hacking' at the ASD boy's legs. A nasty challenge on Brandon left him clutching his right leg in pain. He was stretchered off and replaced by an ASD substitute.

He was still able to smile after the game when he lifted the plate alongside his team mates.
    Brandon's spent time with the club Physio following the presentation ceremony and it is believed he will be fit to play Braga, Deportivo La Coruna and Sporting Lokeren next week when ASD go on their U19 European Tour.
    Photos to follow.

http://www.africasoccerdevelopments.com/index.php?brandon-fernandes-and-asd,466
    clayton SFC
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    I was looking for this thread, but couldn't find one... Anyways thanks ashindia for one...

Yeah he is a great talent. Praying that he would be completely fit in time for European tour. This is a acid test for him as well as Indian football.
    clayton SFCkarenesudhakar2050
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited April 2012
    Yeah He could be good to get into some top tier european club(may be somewhere in places like netherlands or portugal ) easily where the work permit wont be a bigger issue for him to get top stage to perform
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    edited April 2012
    shankar wrote:
    Yeah He could be good to get into some top tier european club(may be somewhere in places like netherlands or portugal ) easily where the work permit wont be a bigger issue for him to get top stage to perform

He shouldn't go to big Europe nations,the best place for me would be Belgium,let him sign for some mid table club and go on loan to 2nd-3rd Division there.
  • ashindia wrote:
    shankar wrote:

He shouldn't go to big Europe nations,the best place for me would be Belgium,let him sign for some mid table club and go on loan to 2nd-3rd Division there.

I agree. Putting him at a higher Euro league would mean bench time. He needs playing time. I think because of age he will sign for a lower-mid table Belgium club and play <b>mainly</b> with the reserves/youth.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    shankar wrote:

I agree. Putting him at a higher Euro league would mean bench time. He needs playing time. I think because of age he will sign for a lower-mid table Belgium club and play <b>mainly</b> with the reserves/youth.

<br><br>any videos you are aware of for Brandon..He does seem very talented on dribbling and passing..He made it to d top 10 in the ManU -world selection  ( if i remember right)<br>
    clayton SFC
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    i did saw a video of him scoring a screamer but was one posted in fb group of ASD ..so cant share it here...<div>in fact he is getting some name for himself in recent tournaments for asd and is already crowd favourite....</div><div>expecting him to get one contract for some european club in the tour to europe </div>
    shankar wrote:
    i did saw a video of him scoring a screamer but was one posted in fb group of ASD ..so cant share it here...<div>in fact he is getting some name for himself in recent tournaments for asd and is already crowd favourite....</div><div>expecting him to get one contract for some european club in the tour to europe </div>

<br><br>Gosh...i hope he does get a Europe contract and performs well..it will be a real boost to all budding indian  youth players..Brandon will be more lke a Icon everyone will look 2.Maybe the next baichung like figure??..Its great that Brandon started in a non europe leage  and worked up on his skills , technique & fitness and only then will move to a European league( hopefully)..If he is really that good eventually he will be spotted and picked up..just a matter of time<br>
    thought 'd share this article...gives me some hope for the future of indian football.. its a pity none of d indian TV channels even give him 2 minutes of news time<br><br><br>http://www.deccanchronicle.com/tabloid/sunday-chronicle/cover-story/footie-spring-497
  • @Silicon3 I said that because he would be going from what is youth football in South Africa to Belgium professional football. And he is only 18.