IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    5 crores for winners is yummy but for that AIFF and IMG need to get more sponsors on board.

Not hard. If a club like Pune FC who dont get a crowd can get some amazing sponsors and if Lajong can get Airtel then that would be no problem.

What I think the AIFF should do is categorize the sponsors.

Telephone Sponsor: I hope Ariel

Airline Sponsor: I hope Kingfisher Airlines or Air India

Car Sponsor: I hope TATA Motors

Sports Sponsor: Nike

Electronics Sponsor: Panosonic

Normal Sponsor: Whatever

Drinking Sponsor: Whatever

Plus what usaindia just said.

@arsenalfan ,Sorry to burst your bubble , as your enthusiasm is awesome , BUT the reality is so far away from your vision

Telephone Sponsor: I hope Airtel ( no way, they have already sponsored 1 club , and with their involvement in Chennai Super Kings ( & Dhoni) , as well as Chennai Open Tennis and a few other CSR ventures, they are unlikely to see the benefit in sponsoring a League that has little visibility or growth options in their target markets

Airline Sponsor: I hope Kingfisher Airlines or Air India
    =))
    Kingfisher owes over 300 Crores in unpaid dues & wages etc, and lost their IATA status on international flights,
    Air India top that my being 800 Crores in the red, and are even considering disbanding the football team , that they haven't paid the players for !
    Even if they remain in the I-League you can't have them sponsoring a Legaue while also sponsoring a team.
    If either of them where airline partners, teams would have to forfeit 50% of their games due to flight cancellations !

Car Sponsor: I hope TATA Motors

Unlikely, TATA would rather spend the money on bringing TFA into the League, they have most of the criteria satisfied in Jamshedpur and just need to commercialize the club. Better visibility for the brand than giving money to AIFF

Sports Sponsor: Nike
    Already fleeced AIFF out of a lot of money with their previous deal, doubt it would make sense given they do little to promote football in India.
    Adidas at least bring Bayern Munich and other football initiatives at the grass root level.

Electronics Sponsor: Panosonic
    Better options available, once again they didn't do much for the League.
    Why not get someone like a LG to give "x" amount of money and also rebrand the 2nd Cup , to the LG Durand Cup or LG Rover's Cup ( this 3rd cup can be for Public Sector teams only, thus acting as a spotting ground for players who missed the I-league clubs , plenty of good loan deals available)

Normal Sponsor: Whatever
    TATA-AIG or Max-BUPA etc, a single insurance sponsor who can cover the insurance of all I-League players will make the League a more safe option for players and thus prevent players opting for PSU's rather than the risk of quick money in the I-League.

Drinking Sponsor: Whatever
    Pepsi are gearing their marketing in India towards football, and should be encouraged.

SALARY cap is a must , so the fresh injections of money don't get blown on player salaries.
    If the prize money is 5 Crores, clubs will feel a bit more justified in spending 30 crores +, as they are already spending 15-20 Crores to win a League that hs no Trophy or medals , just a cheque that takes 2 years to arrive !!
  • I actually forgot to type this. That if a company wants a club named after them they must sponsor the league as well.

Also when I said companies like Airtel I dont mean right away. I am just saying that when we do, get Airtel.

Also what Airline do you suggest. Air India and Kingfisher Airlines are the only two major ones I know that have stops at every airport.

Cant have both Nike and Adidas.

Anyway I bet that if I-League owners get a hold of I-League finances then we will see more sponsors come in because of work from Pune FC, Lajong etc.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    How about Mahindra I-league ...i just wish they sponsor the league they had been doing some good with their disbanded club Mahindra united as welll...
    i dont see why cant they sponsor the league if the aiff officials are able to come up with good marketing model for the league
  • shankar wrote:
    How about Mahindra I-league ...i just wish they sponsor the league they had been doing some good with their disbanded club Mahindra united as welll...
    i dont see why cant they sponsor the league if the aiff officials are able to come up with good marketing model for the league

They would make a good sponsor. Whether they want to come back is up to them.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    We are coming closer to d AIFF-IMG meeting date!!....soon the Questions , decisions on indian football will be known... just hope its not postponed or something on those lines..<br><br>Very keen on how they present the financial benefits to the club<br>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Yea pretty much excited about the topics to be discussed like making a new i-league committee, rules to be followed by clubs , sponsorship sharings and other topics
  • This will be so exciting. Cant wait!
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    This meeting is important because the I-league clubs need to be reassured. I am sure the Goa clubs are waiting for the outcome of the meeting before going for a shopping spree. The threat of them shutting down is serious. AIFF cannot afford that.<div><br></div><div>But the framework of next I-league might not be ready yet by the time of the meeting. Although I expect them to resolve the relegation issue so that the relegated clubs can be sure about their  status. There is a confusion all around regarding the no. of teams in next I-league.</div><div><br></div><div>I think the following things will happen:</div><div><br></div><div>1. If HAL and AI get relegated, they will not be allowed in next I-league.</div><div><br></div><div>2. 2/3 qualifiers from I League Division 2 inducted..depending on the criteria.</div><div><br></div><div>3. 2/3 teams floated as franchisee in new cities may be offered. This is what I am most excited about</div> \m/
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    somesh wrote:
    This meeting is important because the I-league clubs need to be reassured. I am sure the Goa clubs are waiting for the outcome of the meeting before going for a shopping spree. The threat of them shutting down is serious. AIFF cannot afford that.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">But the framework of next I-league might not be ready yet by the time of the meeting. Although I expect them to resolve the relegation issue so that the relegated clubs can be sure about their  status. There is a confusion all around regarding the no. of teams in next I-league.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I think the following things will happen:</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">1. If HAL and AI get relegated, they will not be allowed in next I-league.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">2. 2/3 qualifiers from I League Division 2 inducted..depending on the criteria.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">3. 2/3 teams floated as franchisee in new cities may be offered. This is what I am most excited about</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"> \m/

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I agree. I actually expect the April 20th meeting to not be the only meeting. I think the AIFF should start a full 1 week of meetings like we do here in the US. They league board and owners meet to discuss the season and potential changes for 1 full week. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for your prediction I agree that most likely that those things will happen. Although I am still hoping for a reduction of teams not more teams.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">BTW Somesh I know you are a fan of pro/rel (or so I think. I you are not then sorry, my mistake). Read this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._League_Associate_Membership</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I think if the AIFF start something like this then maybe we could keep pro/rel without breaking the bank.</font></div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Haha..either you have stereotyped me or are provoking me to participate in the thread about relegation. Thanks for the link. I m reading it