U-20 I-league 2012

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    McDowell Mohun Bagan, slated in Group A, will start their U-20 I league campaign tomorrow when they will play against Shillong Lajong in Kalyani. The other 2 teams of this group are Kingfisher East Bengal and Prayag United SC.

Mariners will be playing their next 2 matches against Prayag United and Kingfisher East Bengal on 19th and 21st April respectively.

The preliminary phase would be played in 3 different venues – Kalyani, Mumbai and Goa. The top teams from the 3 groups would qualify for the final phase which will be held in Kalyani.

The 4 teams who will be playing in Goa are Salgaocar, Sporting Clube de Goa, Churchill Brothers and Dempo Sports Club.

In Mumbai, the 5 teams who will be playing in the preliminary round are Air India, Chirag United Kerala, Mumbai FC, HAL Bangalore, and Pune FC.

The 20-member squad is as follows:

Manish Bharghav (captain)
    Saikat Das (goalkeeper)
    Suman Kundu (goalkeeper)
    Deepak
    Ranjan Das
    Ramesh Singh
    Gopal Kundu
    Suman Hazra
    Amit Das
    R. Malsawmkima
    T. Seiboihaokit
    Adarsh Lama Tamang
    Sanjay Haldar
    A. Shusil Meitei
    Zaheer Khan
    Paresh Sardar
    Sonu Kumar
    Anubrata Maity
    Ricky Zonunmawia
    Pijush Khelo
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Two players with I League experience - Manish and Deepak
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i think dempo won 5-1 opening match today
  • usaindia wrote:
    i think dempo won 5-1 opening match today

<br><div><br></div><div>First match was today. Dempo vs Churchill Brothers.</div><div><br></div><div>Who scored and what is the real score. If Dempo won 5-1 then damn.</div>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    check kolkatafootballs.com<div><br></div>
  • usaindia wrote:
    check kolkatafootballs.com<div><br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>They only give the score. Again the AIFF being idiots. It would be great to know who are the players who will lead the next generation. Hoping that clubs like Pune FC, Mumbai FC, Mohun Bagan, East Bengal etc have match-reports for the games.</div>
  • Sonu Kumar is one for the future, hopefully. Plays a right -winger, I think.  He got the best player award in Mohun Bagan (best player not youth player) in 2010 season).
  • <P>Churchill led 1-0 at half time thanks to a Myron Fernandez strike. Dempo scored 5 in second with Romeo Fernandes scoring 4 goals. Serotorio scored one goal and Mandarrao Desai played well.</P>
    <P>(OheraldO)</P>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Lajong website or fb page doesn't mention there squad or even the upcoming game
  • Lajong website is a complete sham. It looks wonderful but gets updated once in every blue moon. X(