U-20 I-league 2012

Comments

• AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Can you tell us how was the East Bengal U20 team formed? Where do they come from, any academy or spot selection trials etc.? That will be useful information
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    as much as I know. Till now east bengal don't have any residential academy but there is u15, u17 and u19 team who train under reputed local coaches whole year. We have found players like avishek das, budhiram, saikat, jayanta etc through these junior teams. East bengal recruiters and scouts find these talents and they get trained
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited April 2012
    East Bengal and Mohun Bagan, both failed to qualify for the final round from Kolkata leg
    Lajong FC beats Prayag United 1-0 and qualifies as group topper with 9 points from 3 matches<div>Prayag too qualifies with 6 points</div>
  • somesh wrote:
    Lajong FC beats Prayag United 1-0 and qualifies as group topper with 9 points from 3 matches<div>Prayag too qualifies with 6 points</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Lajong lost 1-0 to Mohun Bagan in the first match.</div>
    arsenalfan wrote:
    somesh wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>Lajong lost 1-0 to Mohun Bagan in the first match.</div>

<br><div>I don't really know the source of that news, but this one is from a leading Bengali newspaper who actually watch the matches. So it might be more reliable</div>
  • somesh wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    somesh wrote:

<br><div>I don't really know the source of that news, but this one is from a leading Bengali newspaper who actually watch the matches. So it might be more reliable</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>It was from Kolkatafootballs... http://kolkatafootballs.com/aiff_u20_ileague_2012/index.html</div><div><br></div><div>I am guessing they watch the matches to. Eitherway it does not matter... Shillong and Prayag are through.</div>
    Kolkatafootballs.com is not that much reliable. They often gather from various sources and are not always correct
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    somesh wrote:
    Kolkatafootballs.com is not that much reliable. They often gather from various sources and are not always correct

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Oh, in that case can you find the source online because I used Kolkatafootballs for wikipedia (only for the West Bengal results, the Mumbai and Goa ones I found sources for) and I dont want to have wrong info on there.</font></div>
    there is online source but that is not in English