Tollygunge Agragami.

usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
edited July 2011 in Indian Football Clubs
according KF
Kolkata Weir Industries Ltd will be new sponsor of Kolkata Premier League Team Tollygunge Agragami

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    They are also on the way to form a good coaching team (young Swarup Das as Head coach and Prashanta Dore as GK coach). On the foreign players’ front, they are trying to get Theo Sunday (a Nigerian with good experience in Indian football. Got a new sponsor as well (Calcutta Weir Industries – do not know much about the though).

Source: The Telegraph

I think we may see them in I-league II next year.
  • They still need to fulfil AFC criteria. Tollygunge were supposed to play in Div-2 this season itself, after finishinh 4th last year but they couldnt because of the criteria while Southern Samity managed to get in because they fulfilled them.
    Veteran sports administrator Montu Ghosh — who was at the helm of Tollygunge Agragami during their golden period in Indian football at the turn of the century — passed away at his residence on Tuesday. He was 84 and is survived by his daughter, son-in-law and grandson. Ghosh lost his wife six months back. He was a former joint-secretary of Indian Football Association, but it was through his association with Tollygunge Agargami as the club’s secretary that he shot into eminence. During his time at the club, Tollygunge featured in the National Football League (later renamed I-League) for seven seasons before being relegated in 2004-05.
    thebeautifulgamemunna219777goalkeeparCarbon_14
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29575 Points
    Didn't know that there was a separate thread for Tollygunge Agragami
    Deb_Ban
    You have to dig deeper, buddy.

But seriously, I think TA will be in deeper trouble now, now that their guiding force has departed. It was a good alternative power centre other than the the big Three, even before the influx of chit fund money in Maidan (though of late, TA was already in rough weathers, because of Ghosh's advance age and illness).
    munna219777thebeautifulgame
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29575 Points
    @Deb_Ban: About digging, see my post in Online Chatting