Tracking the ex-Arrows players

rudrarudra 2958 Points
edited May 2012 in Pailan Arrows
We will use this thread to track the performance and future of players coming out from the Arrows team.<br>This will help in maintaining a record of how much the Arrows concept have achieved and how important or unimportant is its continuation. <br><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><div id="refHTML"></div>
munna219777

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <font size="3"><b>Players out of the Arrows squad of 2010-11</b></font><br><br>Jeje - Pune FC<br>Abhishek Das - East Bengal <br>Jewel Raja - Mohun Bagan<br>Jagtar Singh - Mohun Bagan<br>Gurpreet Singh Sandhu - East Bengal<br>Raju Gaikwad - East Bengal<br>Subodh Kumar - East Bengal<br>Manandeep - Air India<br>Jagroop Singh - Prayag United<br>Lalrindika Ralte - Churchill Brothers<br>Inderpreet Singh -  Tollygunge Agragami<br>Akshay Kumar - Free agent; Later joined Vasco before the 2nd div. I League<br><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><div id="refHTML"></div>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    so what do you say so far,because some came from other clubs and went back to old club
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><div id="refHTML"></div>
    usaindia wrote:
    so what do you say so far,because some came from other clubs and went back to old club

<br><br>Arrows players will keep on leaving. As far what I heard, the players from now will get more than a years contract but can leave if they get good contracts. Plus senior players will be released also. Arrows just need to make sure they keep on giving chances to good players who wud not have gotten many chances otherwise...<br><br>We will discuss about how the players did after they left arrows....some did well, some dissapered, some still in contention to have a good future<br>
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    good and a much needed thread...some players in the 22-23 age range are leaving the team this season...still not clear about the world cup mission ,may be plan for forming a fresh u20 squad...anyways, it'as been a platform for many young players like Jeje,Jewel,Ralte who are now regulars and finds a strong posn in their teams .It may have taken much longer for them for this posn ,if arrows is absent. we could see youth holding an important position in d teams in upcoming years
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I ( and many others on this forum) </font>
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">liked the arrows concept from the beginning, giving exposure to young players would help their growth immensely. Looking at last two years, I could say it has really given some young players to Indian football like Jeje, Mandeep, Ajay, ralte, raju, etc. But, I would like to change the goal of the team from forming World cup squad to giving exposure to young players. Obviously if they leave players consistently then how can build a squad. Secondly, I want the ridiculous rule of relegation protection for them to be scraped (this clearly does not bring best of them). Thirdly, they should hold trials among the different academies to pick the best for the arrows every year till fifa academies comes up. Once, the academies are full fledged they can pick the players from them. Fourthly, I would also like AIFF to fix some friendlies for them with good AFC cup level clubs, giving the young players the exposure to the international level. Finally, they should be given good coaches (preferably foreign youth coach) to speed up their development. (Already Baan has taken a note of this and started looking for one, hope it is done quickly) </font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Coming to performance of  ex players (based on rudra's list)</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">1) Jeje : It gave dream platform for him making an overnight star. Might have been warming the bench mostly at Pune FC, if not joined arrows.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2) Raju Gaikwad : Same as above</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">3) Jewel Raja : Same as above</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">4) Ralte : Gave him the playing and confidence to play in and out, also making people notice him. Otherwise, he might have backup player for one or two years for most I-league player</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">5) Gurpreet Singh : Not much contribution by arrows, but his time in national camp gave the exposure he needed.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">6) Mandeep : Odd games at arrows helped him, but the masterstroke of playing for Air India paid off.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">7) Abhishek Das : Did give him the much exposure he was looking for but probably becoz of star studded EB team did play much this season. EB should have loaned him for one more season for growth.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">8) Subodh Kumar : Same as above</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">9) Jagtar Singh : Same as above. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">10) Jagroop Singh : Same as above </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">11) Inderpreet Singh : Though he didnt play regularly at arrows but should have stayed in the team for one more year to gain more first team experience and regular place. I wonder why did he leave arrows or arrows left him??</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">12) Akshay Kumar : Same as above.</font></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I agree with some of the points. Relegation I am still against mainly because we dont know what Pailan Group would do if there club was relegated to a TOURNAMENT rather than a normal 2nd Division which spans more than 3 months. </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">As for foreign exposure, that can only happen if they make the AFC Cup which they will probably never do considering that we can expect team changes every season with players leaving Pailan to more professional clubs where they can finish there development.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I think this is a problem which spans to the AFC. Right now UEFA holds a u19 Champions League called the NextGen Series which is invitational only and has the best Academies in Europe in it (Only been active for one season with Inter Milan being champions). I think the AFC should do something like this but modify it. Have the best Academies from developed countries like Japan, South Korea, and Australia etc and have the u19 national teams of countries like India, Malaysia etc. This is because the u19 teams for non-developed countries barely play. So instead of the India national under-19 team we send Pailan Arrows so that they can play u19 national teams and the best club youth academies in Asia.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Of course that may be many years away as money would be needed to host it.</font></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Please continue these discussions here :)</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><a href="http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/discussion/247/indian-arrows-future"; style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/discussion/247/indian-arrows-future</a><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">P.S. Arrows coach told journalists (in bangalore) its much easier to motivate players when there is a goal of relegation avoidance and its his personal opinion that the no-relagation clause should not have been there for arrows</font></div>
  • rudra wrote:
    <div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Please continue these discussions here :)</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><a href="http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/discussion/247/indian-arrows-future"; style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/forum/discussion/247/indian-arrows-future</a><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">P.S. Arrows coach told journalists (in bangalore) its much easier to motivate players when there is a goal of relegation avoidance and its his personal opinion that the no-relagation clause should not have been there for arrows</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>So now we trust Indian coaches with our young players.</div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    rudra wrote:
    <font size="3"><b>Players out of the Arrows squad of 2010-11</b></font><br><br>Jeje - Pune FC<br>Abhishek Das - East Bengal <br>Jewel Raja - Mohun Bagan<br>Jagtar Singh - Mohun Bagan<br>Gurpreet Singh Sandhu - East Bengal<br>Raju Gaikwad - East Bengal<br>Subodh Kumar - East Bengal<br>Manandeep - Air India<br>Jagroop Singh - Prayag United<br>Lalrindika Ralte - Churchill Brothers<br>Inderpreet Singh -  Tollygunge Agragami<br>Akshay Kumar - Free agent; Later joined Vasco before the 2nd div. I League<br><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><div id="refHTML"></div>

<br><br>Really nice update.. great work...seems most of the guys who left 2010 team are doing ok..<br>
  • souravindiasouravindia 3593 Points
    truly speaking, youth development should rest with people who already have adequate knowledge of how to develop world class players otherwise I do not see any value additions. If our coaches' knowledge would have been that good, we could have had players who would be technically strong to play any where. frannkly speaking, even TFA doesnt have that