Indian National Team under new coach

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    edited May 2019
    Not convinced with the selection in wing backs. Rest of it seems perfect.
    SOCCER4klgoalkeeparmunna219777
  • SOCCER4klSOCCER4kl kerala451 Points

NEW DELHI: Indian National Team Head Coach Igor Stimac has announced a list of 37 probables for India’s preparatory camp for the Kings Cup slated to be held in Buriram, Thailand from June 5-8, 2019.

The preparatory camp will be held in New Delhi from May 20.

Speaking to www.the-aiff.com, Stimac said: “I respected the choice of the squad which represented India in the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019. The rest of the players have been added post my research watching Hero I-League and Hero ISL matches. I found some players quite interesting, and have summoned them to the camp.”

“I congratulate all the players, and wish them good luck,” he added. “I am eagerly waiting to land in New Delhi, and get on the task immediately. I have always cherished new challenges, and I am looking forward to coaching the Blue Tigers.”

Striker Jeje Lalpekhlua who is likely to be operated in the third week of May wasn’t considered for the camp, as was a host of other players like Halicharan Narzary (knee injury), Mandar Rao Desai (hamstring injury), Ashique Kuruniyan (knee injury), Narender Gehlot (knee injury), and Jerry Lalrinzuala.

The Kings Cup will be followed by the Hero Intercontinental Cup in July.

THE LIST OF 37 PROBABLES STAY AS FOLLOWS: 

GOALKEEPERS: Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Vishal Kaith, Amrinder Singh, Kamaljit Singh

DEFENDERS: Pritam Kotal, Nishu Kumar, Rahul Bheke, Salam Ranjan Singh, Sandesh Jhingan, Adil Khan, Anwar Ali, Subhasish Bose, Narayan Das.

MIDFIELDERS: Udanta Singh, Jackichand Singh, Brandon Fernandes, Anirudh Thapa, Raynier Fernandes, Bikramjit Singh, Dhanpal Ganesh, Pronay Halder, Rowllin Borges, Germanpreet Singh, Vinit Rai, Sahal Abdul, Amarjit Singh, Redeem Tlang, Lallianzuala Chhangte, Nandha Kumar, Komal Thatal, Michael Soosairaj.

FORWARDS: Balwant Singh, Sunil Chhetri, Jobby Justin, Sumeet Passi, Farukh Choudhary, Manvir Singh.

reddevil87atuljgmunna219777
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    The defense still seems bit shacky but midfield is much better than before. I am happy Jobby getting his chance after stellar performance recently.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    I thought Passi was Consti's candidate, but if he makes the cut even after Consti is out, then he must be someone else's candidate, probably Abhishek Yadav, PP or Das, or may be of FSDL.

If someone like him still populate the NT even after the change of coach, then I feel not much has changed after all. I think disillusionment is round the corner ...

goalkeeparmunna219777thebeautifulgamereddevil87sparta
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    Passi wont be there in the final squad.. Igor has called most of the players from asian cup squad. Thats how passi got selected. 
    atuljgmunna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    Danwamia,Chilova,Ajith Kumar,Bora etc did not make it as they are from I league and not eligible
    BrainFallINDIAMikiDEFENCE123Ronnyharitrams24
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7108 Points
    It's clear from the above article that he wanted to take a look at all the players and have included the whole AFC squad . That's how Passi and German made it to the squad. Should've given Seriton a chance though.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    So his list of 36 players was just to impress the interviewers?Or was he too impressed by Passi?
    goalkeeparreddevil87sparta
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    @Deb_Ban His list had 36 players,  now this list has 37 players..37-36 =Sumit Passi
    munna219777souravindiaMikiDeb_Bangoalkeepar[Deleted User]atuljgdebarghya89kartik91shibierand 4 others.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Sarthik Gulai, Jeje Lalpekhlua, Aashique Kuruniyan, Holicharan Narzary, Anas Ethadoika  are missing from AFC Asian Cup Roster.
    Brandon, Soosairaj, Jobby Justin have made an entry in NT probables.  These three players are fan favourites.