Oman vs India | FIFA World Cup Q | 19-11-19 |

1181920212224»

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    If India cant qualify for the 2023 AFC Asian Cup, Stimac should be sacked. If we do qualify, Stimac should be sacked, so someone better than take over and deliver some results.
    Passimunna219777Naujawan
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    The best example of how a technically weaker team can face a much more superior team and trouble them is Sheffield United. The insane amount of high pressing which they apply is incredible. They don't let the other team breathe or settle down. Of course that requires insane amount of fitness as well. And btw they use the long/direct passing counter attacking approach. ....And they just scored against Man Utd!!
    NagendraPassi
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Absolutely, with the right tactics you can negate a lot of strengths. Long ball is something sunderland used effectively. All they needed was Peter crouch lol.  India is short on those physical players who can hold ball, so even long ball football seems like a distant shot.
    giridharan
  • KoolKool USA186 Points
    @EastBengalPride -- good yard stick. That is a reasonable expectation, AFC finals - if we cannot make it, then i would support that. I am going to keep quiet - on other arguments. :)
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1935 Points
    @EastBengalPride I had said same thing ab Constantine and but never happened, so I doubt it will happen now.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    India will finish bottom of the group, we do not have the quality in the side being chosen by Stimac to beat Bangladesh away, at  best a draw, most likely a loss. Qatar will come with a vengence against us! The play off match is 50:50, we have now proven we arent good enough to beat SAFF teams with this squad unlike 3 years ago, so its going to be a tight call.
    Deb_Bansudheermylankalgoalkeeparmunna219777PassiChelseafanAbhishek
  • KoolKool USA186 Points
    @EastBengalPride - I kind of see where you are coming from. We have 4 months before next match. Qatar - is going to be tough as you said. 4 months gives lot of players playing time and recovery for the injured ones. Then there is a month long gap - where the entire national team would be together working on issues before the return matches against Bangladesh and Afg. If the team could identify one or two good strikers, we have a realistic chance of winning the last two matches. So let us hope for the best … key is not to make same mistakes again.
    munna219777Passi
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    I think we should gather 2-4 points (max 6) from remaining 3 matches