Jamshedpur FC News

thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points
Jamshedpur FC Logo

Jamshedpur FC is an Indian professional club based in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. The club was established in 2017 when Tata Steel successfully bid for the Jamshedpur franchise in the upcoming season of the Indian Super League (ISL) and won the bid with Jamshedpur as the host city and participated in the ISL by the name Jamshedpur Football Club. 

The club play their home matches at the iconic JRD Tata Sports Complex also fondly known as ‘The Furnace’.

In the debut season of Jamshedpur FC, the club finished at 5th place on the ISL table, narrowly missing out on the semi-finals. The club also reached the quarter-finals of the Super Cup in April 2018.

In the 2018-2019 season, JFC appointed Caesar Fernando as the new coach and roped in Tim Cahill as their marquee player. They narrowly lost out on the play-off sport to NorthEast United as they finished fifth just like their inaugural season. The squad went on to play the Hero Super Cup 2019 where they lost against eventual champions FC Goa 4-3 in the quarter finals of the tournament

https://www.fcjamshedpur.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamshedpur_FC

This thread is for discussing Jamshedpur FC news, live score, updates, team news, injury list, JFC players, ISL live streaming links of JFC matches and any such discussion related to Jamshedpur FC.

munna219777namewtheldNagendra

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points
    edited January 2020
    Over to you, my 'spartan' friend! ;)

** I had promised to make the JFC thread long ago and @sparta had said that he would be posting here on a daily basis when I made the thread. My apologies for the delay
    munna219777Nagendra
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points

At 17, Sandip Mandi is ready to take on the big boys

Mandi, senior cadet of elite Tata Football Academy (TFA), has been handed a contract with Antonio Iriondo’s side for the 2019/20 season. The defender from Chakulia, East Singhbhum, could not have asked for more.

Mandi comes into the senior JFC side with the ability to grasp dangers in advance, one of the key component in a defender’s armoury when it comes to saving his team’s citadel, his peers and coaches say.

Mandi, who started football when 13, and entered TFA in 2018, said he was very excited to be selected for the senior side. Though it depends on the coach as to which match he plays, he said: “I’ll do my best.”

The modest tribal with loads of energy, good reflexes, discipline and a cool head played the national U-14 and U-16. He has also represented Bengal in junior national competition.

On his Bengal connection, he said his family lives in Kalyani, a university town around 50km from Calcutta, because of his father Sundar Mandi’s job in the railways. “My father is also a footballer and has represented the railways in Santosh Trophy several times,” he said proudly. “My sister Sutapa and mother Sarala cheer for both of us.”

Jamshedpur FC CEO Mukul Choudhari said Mandi was a talented defender and they were happy to promote him in the senior side. “Mandi was in our reserve side and he has been performing well. His inclusion is a part of our aim to give scope to Jharkhand players in our senior side.”

JFC has two more players from the state, Jamshedpur’s defender Mobashir Rahman and forward Gourav Mukhi. The latter, who has served a six-month suspension slapped by the All India Football Federation (AIFF) due to an age-related controversy, has also been brought into the senior side. Mobashir is already a part of the senior team.

Jamshedpur FC released Keegan Pereira and Augustin Fernandes to promote Mukhi and Mandi. Keegan and Augustin are now part of the reserve team.

The Tata Steel-owned franchise also added Spanish striker David Grande to their roster for the rest of their 2019-20 ISL season.

https://m.telegraphindia.com/states/jharkhand/at-17-sandip-mandi-is-ready-to-take-on-the-big-boys/cid/1733807

munna219777namewtheld
  • RonnyRonny 10441 Points
    What an insult for Augustine..once an aspiring NT player lol
    spartaCarbon_14
    edited January 2020
    Gourav Mukhi might return to ISL today against Bengaluru FC as he is with the team in Bengaluru . 

giridharanCarbon_14
  • samsam 16425 Points
    Gourav mukhi removed from first team squad because of disciplinary reasons. Coach said we were aware of previous incidents. And now he was not taking rest, not sleeping on time. He wasn't behaving asa professional player. Now it's upto club to take decision.

We have killed a talent by making him scapegoat
    Carbon_14munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    what did he do ? Not sleeping on time is a broad statement.  what was the exact disciplinary violation he committed ?

For Jharkhandis Makar Sankranti is a big deal. And specially for Mukhis in his slum, they celebrate it for whole week with every family putting Sound Boxes outside their homes for the whole fortnight. Every single family keep on  dancing and drinking whole night.

The TATA Steel guys should have counselled him regarding the same. The team luckily won the last match but might not qualify for the last 4. 
    munna219777Carbon_14dev_pfc[Deleted User]deepuEastBengalPrideatuljg
  • RonnyRonny 10441 Points
    Well he has to make sacrifices and make his chances count. He did not do that. He's at fault
    munna219777gopiajeeshdeepuEastBengalPridegiridharanatuljgkartik91
    Anyway, this coach doesn't like him much and favours Lord Passi a bit more. With the pathetic performance by the current team we are bound to see a new coach in the next season. 
        I think it would be better for Mukhi to be in the JFC B team where there would be less pressure to deliver as he wasn't looking that threatening in the BFC match. 
     I don't think that they will revoke the contract as they will loose fans if they do it. JFC is trying very hard to project Mobashir with his but posters everywhere he isn't connecting with the masses. 
    goalkeeparashindiaajmalCarbon_14giridharanatuljg
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    Mukhi should quit football! A drunkard, age fraud cheat, that's not a footballer, he is a disgrace. JFC should get some steel in their spine and kick him out forever.
    samgaffertapegoalkeepar