Odisha FC

Comments

• athi_bheekaranathi_bheekaran Some where in Singularity1090 Points
    What do they gain from it ??
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    Merchandise rights and add space on billboards 
    Don't think Merchandise can bring in that much revenue in India ..!! Who buys Originals here ?? Even Low Priced KBFC Replica didn't do any good for Admiral I think..!! is Admiral still alive in India ?? ( Sorry Wrong thread)

munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    Admiral only sponsored kbfc once, last year it was Reyaru sports 
    reyaur sports it is...They also sponsored hyderabad fc ..!! I was saying about admiral season...I think Admiral expected a big launch in india through Kerala Blasters.. but got disappointed. Only Sponsored Tamil Talaivas ( Kerala Blasters Kabaddi Team ) other than KBFC..!!  

• G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    Reyaur jerseys were so cheap that a lot of fans actually bought it. That shows that if it is cheap, there are buyers. Big guns like Puma, Adidas, etc. can't go that low, hence will fail in merchandise sale.
    munna219777goalkeepargiridharan
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points

Steven Taylor is our new Captain!

The former Newcastle United defender was instated as Odisha FC’s new captain in a team meeting today.

Head Coach Stuart Baxter announced his decision before citing Steven’s experience and leadership qualities as the pillars behind the appointment.“Steven will lead Odisha FC as captain for the upcoming season. As you already must have noticed in the training sessions, his intent to mentor the young players, commanding presence and winning mentality shall help the team enormously. I am sure that he will be one of the best leaders in the Indian Super League and the team shall be able to use his qualities to maximum effect.”

Steven was delighted with his new responsibilities and the Englishman’s enthusiasm was apparent in his address to the team. “We are a family. We have to stand by each other and be there for each other on and off the field. Keep believing in yourself and I am confident that we shall have a special season. We will learn in every training session and in every game and we will grow from those experiences. I am happy to be here amongst all of you.”

Taylor is poised to lead the team out against Hyderabad FC on the 23rd of November, 2020 in the first game of what promises to be a unique season.

https://odishafc.medium.com/steven-taylor-is-our-new-captain-5d49201b1457

indian_goonerkartik91
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points

Odisha FC announce Raj Athwal as new Club President

Indian Super League (ISL) club Odisha FC is delighted to announce the appointment of Mr. Raj Athwal as the club’s new president.

Raj who has previously worked at clubs including; Glasgow Rangers, Coventry City and Watford is set to bring 25 years’ of experience of working in the higher echelons of British football to India’s top flight league. He worked with some top coaches in the footballing world like Brendan Rodgers, Gordon Strachan, Sean Dyche, Ally McCoist, Gary McAllister, Peter Reid, Rob Page (current Wales manager), Nigel Clough.

Raj states, “India is home to one of the biggest, and fastest growing economy in the world. Although cricket is widely considered as the nation’s favourite sport, it’s clear for all to see the incredible pace at which the popularity of football continues to grow in a country with a population of over a billion people."

As President, Raj will be responsible for the club’s day to day operations and financial performance both on and off the field. “My objective is to make Odisha FC into a financially sustainable business, by returning a healthy growth in profits year on year."

Some of the world’s largest companies have recently made the state of Odisha their new home, and many more are earmarked to follow suit. Raj explains, “The exciting prospect of creating and harnessing mutually beneficial relationships with some of the world’s biggest organisations will not only benefit the football club which has a potential fanbase of 47 million people, but will fund community led projects, increase employment and help build a state-wide infrastructure conducive for future expansion and economic growth through national and international investment.

“I am really looking forward to settling into my new role and working with the staff at Odisha FC across all operations of the business.

Hopefully, my cultural background and fluency in speaking and understanding Hindi will stand me in good stead."

Club CEO, Mr. Rohan Sharma expressed his excitement for the hire, “I very much look forward to welcoming Raj to Odisha once it is safe to travel. Raj brings a lot of experience and leadership having been apart of many wonderful and historic clubs in the UK. I feel that he is the right person to help us achieve our lofty ambitions."

giridharanindian_goonerkartik91