Salgaocar News

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

good job by salgocar they actually hired a professional company to design and market them.

• Let the discussion begin... As speculation is rife that Karim will sign for Mohun Bagan on a coaching basis Salgaocar will have to go on the look out for a new coach but who?

For me, I have 3 choices so far...

1) Santosh Kashyap: He is a good coach. The players at Salgaocar have played under him in the past and the pressure is much lower at Salgaocar than Mohun Bagan and Santosh would have control over the players he brought to the club. It would really allow us to see how Santosh would really do.

2) Jim Magilton: The Northern Ireland coach was just recently coach of Melbourne Victory in the Australian A-League before getting the sack in April. While with Melbourne Magilton had 12 games in charge of them with 3 wins, 5 draws and 4 losses. He previously also coached the Ispwich Town in the Championship and then QPR. While with Ispwich Magilton coached in 156 games, won 59, drew 43, and lost 54. While with QPR he managed 23 games going with 9 wins, 7 losses and 7 draws. He seems capable enough to manage in India.

3) Stephen Hart: The coach from Trinidad and Tobago was recently the head coach of the Canadian men's national soccer team until he resigned on 18 October 2012 (Today or yesterday, depending on where you are). While coach of Canada Hart went 45 games, 71 wins, 55 draws and 65 losses. He is a national coach and should be willing to step down levels as I am sure not many teams will be after him at this moment.
  • Although I would love to see Karim at Mohun Bagan, its not good to leave Salgaocar in middle of the season. He had no problems with the management there at salgaocar. Maybe as a sweet revenge, salgaocar should hire Subrata or Santosh kashyap.
    ;))

• > munna21977 said:
    > Although I would love to see Karim at Mohun Bagan, its not good to leave Salgaocar in middle of the season. He had no problems with the management there at salgaocar. Maybe as a sweet revenge, salgaocar should hire Subrata or Santosh kashyap.
    ;))

Santosh Kashyap. Literally 25% of the Salgaocar knows Kashyap and less pressure.
  • santosh kashyap should replace KB.... mainly due to these reasons
    1) santosh kashyap's success (avoiding relegation comfortably with AI) came with lack of star players....there are currently none with salgaocar
    2) SK works well with youngsters like he did at AI
    3) The team combination is really very good at salgaocar, (they were still searching for the right combo at MB) , so he wont have to change a lot of things.
    4) As sal is a professional club unlike MB where club officials select the team and dictate terms, he can enforce his philosophy well (though not required , he used fast counter attacking play at AI, while salgaocar play possesion based football)
    5) AFC 'A' licence holder must have some credentials as a coach (not matter what others say)

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

i hope salgaocar surprise us with a new good coach

• apparently they want David Booth.

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

nobody wants Booth, his success came at Mahindra with all the best players, the fact that he's been in Cambodia for the past few seasons explains it all. We have had enough English dinosaurs ruining Indian football, Booth, Bulpin, Houghton....

His dictatorial style of coaching will suit a smaller club like SCdeGoa or Shilong Lajong, besides last we spoke to him, his FA A License had not been renewed , thus making him ineligible for I-League at the moment.

Peter Vales at Salgaocar will take over this season , the club are known to make smart decisions and not panic.

• While I like the idea of Peter Vales as manager of the club I would still like to do ideas... 

Pedro Caixinha... Portuguese manager who was last coach of C.D. Nacional before being fired on 11 October 2012 with the team placed 2nd from bottom in the Portuguese League. He has a UEFA "A" License and has also coached at U.D. Leiria in the top league where he lead them to 10th place. Now... price... he will come for season. 1 Year at the rate Karim made would be good enough... obviously with other expenses payed.