Official India Women's Football News

Comments

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

Our woman standard is this bad?..that should make them.play against the u14 boys for practise..

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

U-14 boys would beat them...

But then again ,U-14 boys have a full time coach , an academy , train every day etc etc..
    Women footballers have jobs, no full time coach or league or training....

btw the U-14 to U-16 boys are the best footballers in India, pound for pound a lot better than the National senior mens team

• > gaffertape said:
    > U-14 boys would beat them...
    >
    > But then again ,U-14 boys have a full time coach , an academy , train every day etc etc..
    > Women footballers have jobs, no full time coach or league or training....
    >
    > btw the U-14 to U-16 boys are the best footballers in India, pound for pound a lot better than the National senior mens team

Woah mate, hold up! India Seniors would kill the u14 and u16s. The younger teams may have gotten much better coaching than the seniors but if you pit each player to each other then the Seniors would win. 

Your comparing Uttam Rai with Sunil Chhetri. He will get their one day but not yet. 

Keep in mind also for the u14s that they have only been in the Academy for less than a year. Dont expect so much so early. Its progress no doubt but lets not over rate them though.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

I think the point I was making was the U-14 boys would beat the womens National team , as per @silicon3 post..

Relative to their age the U-14 & U-16 groups are very good.
    I saw the U-16's at Dallas Cup a few years ago, and they did very well against some very good teams....

Saw the U-14/15's at Navi Mumbai , and having seen Indian youth in the past , there are some seriously technically gifted players here.

Never did I say the U-14's or 16's would beat the mens senior team !!

Relative to his age , Uttam is a lot better than Sunil ...fact...

• Fine, I may have miss judged your previous post which included this sentence... "btw the U-14 to U-16 boys are the best footballers in India, pound for pound a lot better than the National senior mens team".

Perhaps I miss interpreted what you meant and that you meant that these u16 and u14 boys are better than the seniors when the seniors were still in this group. If so then yes I agree 100%. And on Sunil: Yes, Uttam is better than Sunil at the age of 15. 

Now its just a matter of how we nurture these players going forward. I am saying that for the elite academy at least, add them to the I-League U20 and perhaps make the I-League U20 a proper league. Give proper exposure to the young stars of tomorrow.

As for the under-16s... I would look for a foreign club. They are at that age where if they join a foreign club they can potentially make it. Chances are high because of the fact that they are Indian and the fact they are u16. They would be placed in the foreign teams academy and have years to develop and adapt. Much better than say a 24 year old going abroad where you need to make an immediate impression.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited December 2012

India lose to Myanmar 8-0 in their Final AFC U19 Womens Qualification Round 2 in Vietnam.

COME ON GIRLS THERE'S ALLWAYS A NEXT TIME,WORK HARD FOR THE NEXT TIME <:-P

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

FIFA Representative MONICA STABB was present in EASTBENGAL GROUND,where IFA organised an exhibition match to show the WOMAN FOOTBALL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM of WESTBENGAL is doing well in the national arena.

http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-h.ak/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/9668_307331629385444_963280085_n.jpg

• ashindiaashindia 9248 Points

FIFA delegates to visit Odisha

Cuttack: A delegation each from International Football Federation (FIFA) and All India Football Federation (AIFF) will be visiting Odisha together tomorrow to observe the status of the sport and discuss about the development of women’s football in the state and the country.
    The two-member FIFA delegation includes Monika Staab (Consultant, FIFA Women Development) and S Prabhakaran (FIFA Development Officer). 
    The AIFF delegation of AIFF comprises senior vice-president Subrat Dutta, assistant manager Indu Choudhury, Surmala Chanu (All Manipur Football Association), Sudeshan Mukherjee (IFA) and National teams director Subhankar Mukherjee.
    The delegates are scheduled to attend a meeting of the women working group and another with officials of Football Association of Odisha (FAO) at Barabati Stadium in Cuttack on Saturday. 
    They will watch a women’s exhibition football match between East Coast Railway and Odisha XI at DRIEMS Stadium at Tangi, about 20 kms from here on Sunday.