who will be top indian scorer?

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points

and why d hell baichung is not playing ...for the last 2 years still he is sufferin from injury........

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited March 2013

> preetam said:
    > @Arsenalkid700 ;wat do u exactly mean???

I do not believe that our problems would get better if we started forcing clubs to play more Indian strikers. Our problems will get better once the AIFF start to realize the importance of grassroots.

Look at the foreigners who are the top scorers in the I-League. Ranti Martins is the only good Nigerian (CV wise) as he was even offered a Ghana youth spot before joining Dempo. But Chidi Edeh... the guy was nothing before India. He was an amateur in Nigeria and he just walks into India and dominates. Look at Beto... what was he before India? Nothing. An amateur. Odafa was also nothing before India. Only had 14 goals in Bangladesh and comes to India and dominates.

And Henry Antchouet and James Moga. Moga was a journeyman in Bangladesh before India while Henry was only recently suspended for 2 years for drugs.

If these are the foreigners who are playing over the Indian strikers then maybe the problem is not really the fact we play foreigners but that the Indian strikers we have are not good enough to beat out amateur foreigners for starting spots. That means we need to improve our youth development.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> preetam said:
    > Aiff shud make a rule where 1 indian ST is compulsary....if they r using 2ST strategy

not possible practically. I won't explain but think about how you as a coach would have easily overcome the rule if it was imposed.
  • > rudra said:
    > > preetam said:
    > > Aiff shud make a rule where 1 indian ST is compulsary....if they r using 2ST strategy
    >
    >

not possible practically. I won't explain but think about how you as a coach would have easily overcome the rule if it was imposed.

Easy. In the starting XI have the player be recorded as a striker but then once the game begins have the Indian striker move back into midfield or the wing. Its so easy to get around.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > rudra said:
    > > > preetam said:
    > > > Aiff shud make a rule where 1 indian ST is compulsary....if they r using 2ST strategy
    > >
    > >

>
    >

Easy. In the starting XI have the player be recorded as a striker but then once the game begins have the Indian striker move back into midfield or the wing. Its so easy to get around.

This activity was was supposed to for @preetam . I bet u are the geek in ur class :P
  • > rudra said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > rudra said:
    > > > > preetam said:
    > > > > Aiff shud make a rule where 1 indian ST is compulsary....if they r using 2ST strategy
    > > >
    > > >

> >
    > >

>
    >

This activity was was supposed to for @preetam . I bet u are the geek in ur class :P

Yes.  :-B
  • preetampreetam 870 Points

@rudra   @Arsenalkid700

This activity was was supposed to for @preetam . I bet u are the geek in ur class 

wat do u mean exactly by this line dude......r u kiddin or used this in negative manner...please enlighten me...?

the same goes 4 u rohan....yes....in what sense u wrote this????
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited March 2013

@preetam let me enlighten you. @rudra wanted u to pretend that u are a coach of an I-league team. and there is a rule which says that every team must play an indian ST in the starting XI but as a coach u don't want to do that. U want 2 or 1 foreign player as your team main ST.

Now what whoud u do to bend that rule and not play an indian as a ST?

You or any other coach whould do this - "In the starting XI have the player be recorded as a striker but then once the game begins have the Indian striker move back into midfield or the wing. Its so easy to get around." as @Arsenalkid700 said.

• Exactly! That is why the main problem is the way we develop the Indian strikers to a point where even a random Nigerian amateur can score many more goals than them.