2013 Manchester United Premier Cup U15

hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
The India-leg of the Manchester United Premier U-15 Cup (MUPC) football will be held from April 28 to May 4 at two centres in Jamshedpur and Sirsaim with the finals to be played on May 9.

The first North-East phase of the tournament which kicked off today at Jamshedpur where in East Bengal, Mohun Bagan, Prayag United, United Sikkim,Garhwal Heroes Football Academy (Delhi), Chandigardh Football Academy (Chandigardh), MNSC Taobunghkhok (Manipur), Varanasi XI (UP), Sambalpur Academy (Odisha), a team from Punjab and a team from Uttarkhand will participate.

Dempo, Salgaocar, Sporting Clube de Goa, Air India, Mumbai Football Club, Pune Football Club, Navrachana Sports Academy (Gujarat), Namada Sporting Football Club (MP) and a team from Kerala will play in the South-West zone second phase from May 4 at Sesa Football Academy ground, Sirsaim.

Comments

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    East Bengal and Prayag United SC opened their accounts on winning note defeating Uttar Pradesh XI and Sambalpur FA 4-1 and 1-0 respectively on the inaugural day of the Phase I of Manchester United Premier Cup Under-15 India round at Keenan Stadium

http://m.business-standard.com/wapnew/storypage_content.php
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Another poor effort from another i-league club...<div><br></div><div>this time it is my beloved Mumbai fc who assemled u-15 team at last moment so that they could participate in this tournament....</div><div><br></div><div>for a moment i thought they are preparing for somthing in next season..</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>when will our clubs give a serious look at youth development??</div>
  • shankar wrote: »
    Another poor effort from another i-league club...<div><br></div><div>this time it is my beloved Mumbai fc who assemled u-15 team at last moment so that they could participate in this tournament....</div><div><br></div><div>for a moment i thought they are preparing for somthing in next season..</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>when will our clubs give a serious look at youth development??</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Sad.</div>
    The third day of the Nike Manchester United Premier Cup saw three exciting encounters at Keenan Stadiumin Jamshedpur.

In the first of the day Chandigarh Football Academy defeated Prayag United by a margin of 1-0. Samuel scored the only goal of the match on the 28th min of the match which sealed the deal for the club.

In the second match United Sikkim Academy edged past Uttar Pradesh XI by defeating them by 2-0. Biswa Kumar Darjee opened the account in the 36th min of the match while Manoj Rai followed quickly to add on to the tally on the 38th min to make it 2-0 for the team from Sikkim.

The third match of the day saw Manipur earning a hard earned victory against Punjab with a margin of 2-1. Peter Singh opened the account for Manipur on the 7th min to givethe lead. W. Suresh Kumar added on to the lead with the 20th min strike. Chetan Kumar (25th min) pulled one back for Punjab but was not enough as Manipur wrapped the game with the score leading 2-1.
    The fourth day of the Nike Manchester United Premier Cup Manipur and Chandigarh Football Academy march into the finals of the North and East Leg of Nike Manchester United Premier Cup played at the Keenan Stadium in Jamshedpur.

In the first semi-final match, Manipur edged past East Bengal through tie-breaker (4-2) after both the teams were tied goalless at the end of the stipulated time and extra-time. For Manipur, W. Suresh Singh, Buanthanglun, NG. Peter Singh, K. Jim Singh converted the penalty kicks while Arup Roy and Shibu Das were the scorers for East Bengal.

In the second semi-finals, Chandigarh Football Academy outclassed United Sikkim by handing over a 4-0 drubbing. The scorers from Chandigarh Football Academy were Samuel(21st and 30th mins), Jeakson(37th min) and K. Amarjit Singh(39th min).

Finals will be played tomorrow, May 3rd, 2013 at the Keenan Stadium in Jamshedpur between Manipur and Chandigarh Football Academy.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    USFC getting drubbed wherever they play.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Joyptan wrote: »
    USFC getting drubbed wherever they play.

<br><div><br></div><div>Chandigarh football academy were just too good for rest even in last year .. so why surprised with this result?</div><div><br></div><div>I am waiting for them to participate in U-20 league too</div>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Not surprised , just saying
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points