Arrows News

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    namewtheld wrote: »
    Where is the problem? A franchise is a property owned by a third party in exchange of annual fee. These new club owners will be doing exactly that for the first 3 years. If Americans use the term franchise for something else, its their problem

<br><div><br></div><div>Not just Americans. These clubs are just coming in and being placed into I-League automatically among other clubs. These "franchises" hold no territorial rights or not ownership connection with the league. They are just teams being formed and given direct entry into the league and being told to spend money randomly on "world-class" facilities and Academies.</div><div><br></div><div>And then next thing we do is activate relegation on there asses in 4 years and see them dumped with all the investment going to waste (if it was not wasted before hand).</div><div><br></div><div>tl;dr: These are not franchises, these are black-money direct teams looking to take advantage of a fragile market.</div>
  • munna21977munna21977 2 Points
    namewtheld wrote: »
    Why do they need to be taken over? Then what is the meaning of disbandment? Arrows should be shelved otherwise professional league will be a pipedream..no matter how much one cribs about it but if Arrows stay, then pro-league is a pipedream. They have to go. I am sure, the franchisee will raise this issue for they want to be part of the ACL

<br><br>ACL is a very distant dream. First we get required points and proper stadiums. Then first win I-league and then defeat some Arab Club in participating in qualifying playoff. they will not give any franchisee one slot at ACL just like that.<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    back to arrows, please :)
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    btw the background photo in the pic comes from IFN's wikipedia thread initiative, photo from me, updated in wiki by @arsenalkid
  • munna21977munna21977 2 Points
    Technically arrows is a franchisee team. No relegation promised. corporate group-Pailan Arrows is associated with them. now how much money AIFF spend on Arrows and how much Pailan Arrows spent last year? Who keeps the gate money from sale of tickets?<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    munna21977 wrote: »
    Technically arrows is a franchisee team. No relegation promised. corporate group-Pailan Arrows is associated with them. now how much money AIFF spend on Arrows and how much Pailan Arrows spent last year? Who keeps the gate money from sale of tickets?<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>what gate money! for arrows game? That won't even buy you a good dinner!</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I wont be wrong in assuming that I have spennt more money on arrows than what the total sum of gate money of 3 seasons will give.<div>except probably one game where the EB supporters came to support arrows if they can beat dempo and help EB </div>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    rudra wrote: »
    btw the background photo in the pic comes from IFN's wikipedia thread initiative, photo from me, updated in wiki by @arsenalkid

<br><div><br></div><div>Yet we get no credit. If this was America we would sue the FPAI for taking a photo without our (technically your permission as the photo taker) permission.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    rudra wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Yet we get no credit. If this was America we would sue the FPAI for taking a photo without our (technically your permission as the photo taker) permission.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>but once you donate a photo to wikipedia, you agree to circulate it freely</div>