mumbai fc squad 2011-12

shankarshankar 2600 Points
edited September 2011 in Mumbai FC
Mumbai FC team has landed in Pune for their first campagin of the current season the 33rd Federation Cup 2011.

Team Manager Henry Picardo expressed his happiness with the current squad and is hopefull for better results in this season. He said " We have the right balance of youth and experience in our squad this season and everybody is charged up and eagerly waiting for the commencement of the season."

Mumbai FC succeded to sign up the goal scoring machine Gbeneme Friday , who is also geared up for the upcoming season. He said " I am enjoying playing with my new teammates and I am hoping to contribute the maximum for my team's success."

Mumbai FC is delighted to announce the Squad for the Season 2011-2012

Goalkeepers: Nidhin Lal, Sanjiban Ghosh , Ishan Debnath, Neeraj Sharma.

Defenders: Kingsley Chioma, Faizal Rehman, Goutam Debnath, NIhal Chandran, Dhanachandra Leihaorungbam, Ajmaludheen M, Peter Costa, Ritesh Perambra, Karan Amin ,Peter Siddhique, Keegan Periera , Mintu Saha, Ashutosh Mehta, Rolfred Coutinho & Nicholas Rodrigues

Midfielders: Dane Periera, Ebi Sukore , Salil Usman, Chhangte Malsawmkima, Kuttymani, Noel Wilson, Darren Caldeira & Rohit Mirza

Forwards: Manuel D'Souza, Cavin Lobo, P C Lalawmpuia, Abhishek Yadav, Gbeneme Friday, Tushar Poojary & Jayesh Rane

Coach: Khalid Jamil
Team Manager: Henry Picardo
Physio: Sujit Manna

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Friday has played in Indonesia Super Liga and Chioma in Burmese League.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    and there has been many good inclusion of young players from last years mumbai fc u-19 team too
    for information, last years mumbai fc u-19 team qualified for final stage of i-league u-19 and also qualified for top division in mumbai football league too
    so guys dont get surprised if mumbai fc do wat salgaonkar did last year...given the performance of players like tushar poojary, jayesh rane and rohit mirza performed in last couple of season in mfl and othr tournaments
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    hey guys im so desperate to see some new talents on the block..cant wait...indian football live after ages!
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    hey guys im so desperate to see some new talents on the block..cant wait...indian football live after ages!
    me too excited to see the new kids on the block. just hope they are as good as you are hyping it up @ shankar
  • New Update: Gbeneme Friday, the player who scored 4 against HAL is NOT Nigerian. He is Indonesian born to what I am guessing are Nigerian parents. So Mumbai have 2 Asian players. That is all.
    arsenalfan wrote:
    New Update: Gbeneme Friday, the player who scored 4 against HAL is NOT Nigerian. He is Indonesian born to what I am guessing are Nigerian parents. So Mumbai have 2 Asian players. That is all.

<br><div><br></div><div>Wow i didnt knew that...i wonder whether even mumbai fc officials would be knowing that</div>
  • but is he in asian quota
    but is he in asian quota

<br><div><br></div><div>Islam amiri, the captain of afghan national team in saff cup, is the player who plays in asian quota but there is no rule for that you should need at max 1 asian players it can be all four filling asian quota as well</div>
  • shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    New Update: Gbeneme Friday, the player who scored 4 against HAL is NOT Nigerian. He is Indonesian born to what I am guessing are Nigerian parents. So Mumbai have 2 Asian players. That is all.

<br><div><br></div><div>Wow i didnt knew that...i wonder whether even mumbai fc officials would be knowing that</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>If got it from Mumbai FC's website when I created Friday's page on wikipedia last night. It said his country of birth was Indonesia. I bet the papers that say otherwise are just seeing that he is Black and Friday is a Nigerian name so he must be Nigerian.</div>