BFC vs EB vs MB

BFC_Johnson_fanBFC_Johnson_fan Left the Forum368 Points
I realised when I came into this forum that there was no thread for arguments b/w the top 3 (arguably) clubs of India!!
So here it is!!

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29622 Points
    Fine! There can be no denying that BFC has emerged as one of the top clubs of the country, having won the I-league twice and the Federation Cup once (as well as being the runners-up in the League once) in the three seasons. Their rivalry with the big two of Kolkata will certainly spice up things. Only one thing: The East Bengal-Mohun Bagan rivalry is so old, almost 100 years and is so fraught with cultural, geo-political factors that it has acquired an aura of its own. However, if Bengaluru FC continue this way, this thread can certainly be useful. Of course, we have to remember clubs like Dempo (winner of 3 I-Leagues and 2 NFLs), JCT, Mahindra United, Salgaocar and many others who once gave the two Kolkata clubs a run for their money.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    What's the purpose of this thread apart from just bickering? There is no history of animosity between BFC and the Kolkata giants. So BFC has won 3 trophies in 3 years, good on them. 
    goalkeeparDeb_Ban
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited July 2016
    The others like Dempo , Salgaocar, Churchill etc gave the Big 2 more than their run for money..
    Let's not forget..until 2014 the I-League trophy had never left Goa !
    Goan football has been on the decline ever since the mining Ban... and BFC have to now prove they weren't just a flash in the pan
    DomnicCarbon_14goalkeeparreddevil87Deb_Ban
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    edited July 2016
    @thebeautifulgame .People somehow choose to ignore Churchill Brothers, when actually they were one team who were always title contenders. Winning 2 titles and coming second on final day of the season on 2 occasions. And apart from two seasons, they were always in top 3.
    gaffertapeArsenalFan700goalkeeparmunna219777Deb_Ban
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29622 Points
    @Domnic: Good that you reminded me of Churchill brothers. That is why I wrote many others because I could not instantly recall all other clubs.
    @gaffertape: The I-League started in 2007-2008. I am not talking about any rivalry solely based on the League... And other clubs, Goan or otherwise, have, even before that, given EB and MB a run for their money.
    @EastBengalPride: Yes, I know that there is no history...how can there be when a club is formed 3 years ago...but history starts at some point...so why not from this thread? ;)
    BFC_Johnson_fan
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Also BFC is just another corporate clubs which we have seen so often in Indian football fold up the moment things go south. BFC has one crucial test to pass, the test of time and tough times. They couldn't get 15k fans on their league winning match at home last season, so all the talk about fans etc comapares well against a SCG or DSK but not against EB MB. 

They have made some good impact in a city which was in footballing wilderness. They have the money and they have some fans (WBB), do they have the balls to pour money if they go trophyless like MB (5 years)? Or if they get relegated this season and fail out on ISL berth subsequently? 
    goalkeepargaffertapeDeb_Ban
  • BFC_Johnson_fanBFC_Johnson_fan Left the Forum368 Points
    I think BFC fans are one of the best in the country....No doubt you have a rich heritage but we saw you walk out of thhe fortress while losing 3-0................and you say "If you play in heaven ,we will die to support you"
    XD
    Learn to support them a full 90 minutes on Earth first..
    atuljgDeb_Bankarenesudhakar2050
  • BFC_Johnson_fanBFC_Johnson_fan Left the Forum368 Points
    And about corporate owning,
    To run a club professionaly, you need money...and jSW gives us that!the managment is hands on also!
    Albert Roca wont come to India For free ;))
    atuljgkarenesudhakar2050
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29243 Points
    BFC will fold up if Ozone wins the race for bengaluru franchise in ISL. and BFC is forced to play league one.
    gaffertapeDeb_Ban
  • samsam 16428 Points
    goalkeepar That's not gonna happen for sure. Arrangements are already in place I guess. Just look at their signings.