India vs Singapore & Vietnam International Friendlies I 24th and 27th September

15678911»

Comments

• giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3615 Points
    First of all guys, Vietnam did not even field their best XI for this game. Their star player from Ligue 2 Nguyen came in second half along with all others who were getting a chance to play few mins. No reason to blame on genetics. These guys are midgets and physically much weaker than our team. They won because they are FIT and played direct which suited their style. Our team does not have a proper set style(Or style matches unfavorable players like Jhingan instead of Sana) and our fitness is way below. See we had a good 7 game for all. If they are professionals they should not be struggling for breadth at second half. Tactically stimac was horrible in this game as well. Changing to 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 never happened on field. Even when they did, they were outclassed by their pressing intelligence. No transitions, no confidence. Stimac has to also take responsibility for this mess.
    munna219777deepak dedhaRonnygoalkeeparindian_goonerashindia
  • With a coach like Stimac I doubt even the best of players find it difficult to play. Just ask the Croatian team or their fans. Yes our players are shit but they are not that shit that we cant even beat SAFF teams or lower ranked teams like Singapore etc.
    Even half a decent coach will bring more out of these players. I think we should just wait until Asian Cup and bear the losses.
    deepak dedhaDeb_Banindian_goonergiridharanmunna219777ashindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29623 Points

Highlights of the match

Defending was horrible today...Jhingan's performance seemed to have touched an all-time low

If not for Gurpreet  and some wasted opportunities by the Vietnamese attackers, the scoreline would have been even more embarrassing for us 
    giridharanRonnymunna219777indian_goonerashindia
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3615 Points
    I dont think Gurpreet himself was great this time actually. He could have done better with 1-2 goals himself. Like the first game against Singapore. There was deflection, but not something which was out of his range. It was going closer to his body and he still missed it. He could have done better certain way. His reflexes were pretty bad. I think the entire team has to take the blame. I don't find anyone except Ashique to have done justice to be in the squad.
    Ronnymunna219777deepak dedhaindian_gooner
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Only Ashique, Akash, Sana and Anwar were capable of technically matching Vietnam. Add Apuia to that in the future. Sandesh is not a defender we need to to take to the Asian cup. Everytime he has the ball I become so nervous lol
    munna219777giridharanindian_goonersudheermylankal
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    edited September 2022
    If I was Kalyan Chaubey, I would immediately fire Stimach, retire Jhingan, tell Sunil he will only be a 15 min sub from now on and bring in an Indian coach like Singto or Jamil. 
    munna219777ashindia
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    You know, before Stimac became the NT coach, I had huge excitement before every match of NT. It was there since the time of Bob Haughton to Korcermans era (howsoever horrible it might have been) to the Constantine's time. But Stimac through his shitty performance and the poor, pathetic display by NT under him has slowly taken away all my excitement for watching India's matches. Now I don't even bother finishing the entire match. I switch off after 60 minutes or so. Stimac has turned a team that handsomely beat Thailand 4-1 in 2019 to a team which draws with the likes of Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Singapore! Ok mean the transition is so sharp and so nuch lower that it is bizarre! Watching this team I only feel pity and sadness...all excitement faded away. 
    It is one thing to lose against a stronger opponent but to lose this badly and with such poor performance is something I can never for Stimac for. Even if you are the weaker team, one still fights till the last minute. Here our players were walking....yes, walking during the match. No urgency, no running, no desire to fightback. I am depressed.

indian_goonergoalkeeparDeb_Bangiridharanashindianamewtheldmunna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    And then that drunkard Vijayan recommended to extend his contract!
    munna219777giridharansudheermylankal