Most Capped Player on the Indian National Team

13»

Comments

• No. I am just to lazy to edit the player articles. I have other projects on wikipedia you know. I cant switch from one thing to the next.

• As @mohammed_87hassan as mentioned earlier regarding the caps in Sunil Chhetri thread. I also feel the same.
    This shows how we are still behind many countries in playing accordingly with FIFA calendar. 
    Both Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are younger than Sunil Chhetri and have more caps than him. 
    Well we have recently started playing onr basis since we qualified for 2011 Asian cup.
    That also fizzed out after the competition. The qualifications format for WC / Asian cup for Asian members involved knockout matches until 2014 WC. So we didn't progress after playing 2 leg matches. This lessend the number of matches. 
    We didn't qualify for major tournaments like WC, Asian cup 2015.
    Sunil Chhetri haven't been injured on a long term basis which helped him to cross 💯 caps.
    Assuming had we have in top Asian side since Sunil made his debut in 2005, he got to have atleast 175 caps by now.
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3411 Points
    From Asian Cup qualifiers thread
    Since it is round robin format, we will be getting 3 games only. 
    Assuming Sunil Chhetri will be regular he could have added 6 caps to his name. At present he has overtaken Peter Shilton with 125 Caps for England🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.  The comparison is just for  numbers sake :D .  We know how many talented players have less number of caps. In fact I was surprised to know that Alan Shearer & Tony Adams have less than 70 caps for England. 
    giridharanmunna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Yes because Alan Shearer was a failure at international level but Chhetri is a success. 
    gaffertapeindian_gooner