AFC U-22 Championship 2013 Qualifiers

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    Realistically am expecting a win against Lebanon and Turkmenistan..lebanese senior team is doing good but we should be able to beat the juniors and also Turkmenistan whom we beat at the u-19 level also recently...<br>Am definitely not expecting a win against Iraq,UAE and Oman-all 3 have great players,were in final round of olympic qualifiers so pretty much the same set of players and also very good preparations...However I would like to see us score goals in each of the games and not give up physically as this core group is expected to be pretty fit..<br>Right now it all depends on the opening game against Lebanon...Am keeping my fingers crossed as this is our core group of senior team :)<br>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    5 days to go<div>India vs Lebanon</div><div>AFC U22 Championship Qualifiers 2012</div>
  • AruncitoAruncito 4 Points
    I hope there will be live streaming somewhere.<br>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    Ronny wrote: »
    Realistically am expecting a win against Lebanon and Turkmenistan..lebanese senior team is doing good but we should be able to beat the juniors and also Turkmenistan whom we beat at the u-19 level also recently...<br>Am definitely not expecting a win against Iraq,UAE and Oman-all 3 have great players,were in final round of olympic qualifiers so pretty much the same set of players and also very good preparations...However I would like to see us score goals in each of the games and not give up physically as this core group is expected to be pretty fit..<br>Right now it all depends on the opening game against Lebanon...Am keeping my fingers crossed as this is our core group of senior team :)<br>

<br><br>you took the words out of my mouth. the results you mentioned can very much happen..A lot depends on how the result against lebanon plays out and the confidence level of the lads after the match...Iraq UAE and Oman would be very very tough to win or even draw.....i hope we get to bulge the net even if defeated..glad the coach is also not pressuring the team and let them just enjoi this level of competition.<br><br>my only grouse was that out neighboring countries could play "real" friendlies and we had to make do against Delhi11 & Africa 11 <br>
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    any idea about our opponents in today's friendly ?<div><br></div><div><br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
  • akumarrakumarr 3 Points
    Aruncito wrote: »
    I hope there will be live streaming somewhere.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Ya, is there live streaming for this? </div>
  • nnippnnipp 0 Points
    Many Indian football fans seem self-defeating....when you play sports or even root for a team, you have to believe that you will win, never treat your opponent with so much respect that you can't imagine a win because then you are already defeated and might as well go home...stranger things have happened and we can definitely beat Iraq, Oman and UAE, these are not World Cup teams and should be treated no differently than any SAFF opponents...if you play to 100% of your abilities then good results will happen, if not, we have to force these countries to teach us a lesson...
  • Exactly. Lets be the Republic of Ireland of Asia. The supporters who know that our team has a slim chance of making the next round BUT keep on proving to be the best supporters in the world.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    nnipp wrote: »
    Many Indian football fans seem self-defeating....when you play sports or even root for a team, you have to believe that you will win, never treat your opponent with so much respect that you can't imagine a win because then you are already defeated and might as well go home...stranger things have happened and we can definitely beat Iraq, Oman and UAE, these are not World Cup teams and should be treated no differently than any SAFF opponents...if you play to 100% of your abilities then good results will happen, if not, we have to force these countries to teach us a lesson...

<br><br><font face="Tahoma"> I do not think fans in this forum are self defeating..I would say the comments come out of having a fair knowledge of the strength and weakness of the team and Indian football in general... I am sure like Coach bob, Arthur Pappas and Wim kovermans will have pumped up the team , informed the lads that any team is beatable  .but lets agree Iraq UAE Oman are at a different level on skill, tactics and Physique.. they have had a very good run in the Olympic qualifiers<br><br>We are all hoping for Good results but there should be  healthy pinch of realism added... Its not shame in losing to a better team..What we fans want to see is a definite improvement is the game play  & tactics from what we have being seeing so far . Even A. Pappas has not placed any pressure on the boys to win all the games. If he was sure he would have plainly said we can win or qualify from the group.<br><br>you talk about SAFF cup , we struggle to win this also.. This should like be our property, SAFF teams should actually be cannon fodder for us , but we still huff and puff our way to winning the CUP....Its become like the only saving grace we have bragging we are SAFF champions, in the Football pecking order of tournaments it would be even below the we should play in the Asean cup or Merdeka cup <br><br><br></font><br>
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    welcome Wangsa from Delhi!<br>