2013-14 I-League Round 18: The leaders return.

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    edited February 2014
    Kolkata clubs are flashing the money,so people go there. Goan clubs are more reserved about showing off their money power.

Plz name some footballers who have gone from strenght to strength by going from goa to kolkatta apart from alvito(Plz find out who is his gf/wife).
  • Kolkata clubs are flashing the money,so people go there. Goan clubs are more reserved about showing off their money power.

Plz name some footballers who have gone from strenght to strength by going from goa to kolkatta apart from alvito(Plz find out who is his gf/wife).
    His wife is from Goa..and Alvito is recently blessed with a baby.. 
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

Okay..to get the record straight! U wud have known by now, many players from Goa(not necessarily Goan footballers), who have come to Kolkata and have done well and have gon from strength to strength. Show me any talented/budding footballer of Kolkata who has gone to pursure his footballing career in Goa and have made a mark for himself.. I rest my case here....!  ;;)

Debbu and Subhashish have enjoyed plenty of success in goa both for Dempo and India.
    Some of Subrata Pal's best performances for India came whilst NOT playing for a Kolkata team....we all know how he did after his ridiculous figure transfer to Prayag !

Narayan Das and Pranay Halder developing well in Goa...

The money offered and Kolkata media plus coaching staff turnover, too many games...bad practice grounds (monsoon time) and poor medical staff have been the main reasons for the Kolkata Clubs decline.
    They can always lure the best...but very few success stories
  • @gaffer : I thot u would agree that Subrata Pal had his best season(2003-04 to 2007-08) in both the Kolkata Clubs - MB and EB. Infact he earned his reputation from Bagan - and then he was lured by EB with huge amount. In PFC, he had patchy success(after he became the first and possibly the last goalkeeper in an one crore bracket in India)- was never consistent; and in one year he was almost sidelined due the injury (thats when PFC loaned Abhra Mondal from EB); 

Narayan Das and Pronay Halder are Arrows product - if u remember. They have nothing to do with Kolkata infra/coaching stuffs/media.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Hahahah. Ok. Still waiting for my reply abt who hv done great by going the opposite way.
  • Hahahah. Ok. Still waiting for my reply abt who hv done great by going the opposite way.
    Ofcourse! Shoot... Lol..
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    edited February 2014
    What matches are being streamed?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    4 matches see above
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    edited February 2014
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    Even michael jackson likes I-league