2013-14 I-League Round 26: Who is losing a club... Goa or Kolkata?

ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
edited April 2014 in I-League 2013-14
Here we are! The final round of what has been an amazing I-League season for all of us here at the Indian Football Network Forum. We are here now so might as well discuss. The champion has already been crowned so the story shall shift to the opposite end of the table where we see a battle between 2 historic places in Indian football, Goa and Kolkata. No, they are not playing each other but how they do this round and how the other does will determine their fate. 

Churchill Brothers, the champions of the 2012-13 season, could see it all crumble before their very eyes. After several mistakes which include the signing of Sukhwinder Singh as TD, a random Nigerian in the defense, a mental Costa Rican forward, and now an I-League Aussie reject the club could be about to either experience the 2nd Division or worse.... disbandment.

Mohammedan, promoted from the 2013 I-League 2nd Division. They were never expected to do much this season. Many were happy. The rivalry between the 3 Kolkata sides was back but it could all go away in an instant. They tried to save themselves, signing some IMG-Reliance contracted players but overall it may not be enough.

Who shall stay up, who will go down... find out this weekend in the final, enthralling week of the I-League!

Matches:
Sunday, 27 April 2014:
- Mohun Bagan vs. Shillong Lajong (Salt Lake Stadium - 17:00)
- Mumbai vs. Mohammedan (Balewadi Sports Complex - 19:30)

Monday, 28 April 2014:
- Salgaocar vs. Churchill Brothers (Tilak Maidan Stadium - 17:30)
- Sporting Goa vs. Bengaluru FC (Fatorda Stadium - 17:30)
- United vs. East Bengal (Salt Lake Stadium - 17:30)
- Pune vs. Dempo (Balewadi Sports Complex - 17:30)

Bye: Rangdajied United.

Comments