New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    Yeah...but the problem is no coach is selecting best 11 from limited source...wim constantly ignored balwant gabriel armando only selects dempo players....whoever comes he shud follow 1 rule whoever is in form in i lig shud play for india...there shud be no bias...and remove savio...
    munna219777goalkeeparkuldeep007
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    #Indianfootball should fix problems: Outgoing coach Koevermans

"My job wasn't easy because they asked me to change the style of play. We made improvements in playing combination football. The performance was good but not enough to improve."

Koevermans then listed the problems that remain. "Real improvement lies in the development of the youth competitions. Right now, the under-19 competition is only for two months. We have to stretch it out for 8-9 months and also do it for the under-15 and under-17 categories. We also have to improve the I-League," he said.

"For years, there was no licensing system and clubs looked the other way. There were no academies and no proper competition. We need good coaches," said Koevermans. 

"I enjoyed every day in India, though. The players changed their style. In the SAFF Cup, we played a good semi-final and final, even though we lost," said Koevermans when asked to look back on his India stint.

Koevermans also said it won't be an easy job for his successor. "My successor will face the same problems. Next year the September, October and November Fifa windows will not be friendlies but qualifying matches for different competitions. That could make it even more difficult. 

Hopefully, the Indian Super League will do some good. But it's just two months long. We need to have a full-stretched league over the year."

munna219777ashindiagoalkeeparDeb_Bankuldeep007
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    If AIFF didnt ask him to change the style of Play, Koevarmans would have asked Indian players to continue with Long Ball???
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10440 Points
    Win nevermans the official ifn name please use that
    munna219777preetam
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    In a way I can understand where he is coming from, this job was never easy and his backroom staff were basically forced upon him... and the player pool and youth system never helped either. He came in and tried to do his job, it just did not work out in the end.
    munna219777ashindiapreetamkuldeep007
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Koevarmans was never a regular coach at Club/Country level. His past jobs were like Youth coach or Performance Director type stints where he has lot of people to support him. Probably he was a loner here in India. His regular coach assignment at Senior Level was at MVV Maastricht in 2001.
    India National Team struggled against Bangladesh and lost to Nepal, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Myanmar. Results is also a benchmark for a coach. A new coach can give better results for India Team. It cant get worse then that anyways.
    ashindiapreetamfootydipkuldeep007
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    AIFF should appoint Head Coach as soon as possible.

He will face lots of difficulties.

1)players playing with different teams ,different leagues and under different coach. He needs to scout players properly as Mr DAS already said we will be playing same style as of Mr WIM team.

2) we will possibly have only 1 friendly match before Asia and world cup qualifiers.

3)probably next Assessment of head coach will be AFC U-22 Championship qualifiers as we don't have any coach for U-23 team.

4) HEAD Coach should go with U-19 side for qualifiers so that he will know more about younger generation.
    munna219777
  • Firstly sack idiot kushaldas....his interferance causing troubles in indian football...he is forcing coach to change stayle of play and intertereing in team selections,firstly sack kushal das
    7negimunna219777kuldeep007
  • Indian team defenitly need top coach who has experiance in midile east before world cup qualifies and we need forigin trips before qualifies.....otherwise we are gona suffer heavy defeat in world cup qualifies
  • appoint zico as indian head coach
    ashindiaDeb_Ban