Sandesh Jhingan

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10441 Points
    I think MLS is the best for him..or if a trial in A league is possible..great places to play
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10440 Points
    edited January 2015
    Should join Bundesliga.2
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    I'd prefer Europe provided he gets to play.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    ALL talking nonsense....

Let him play 1 FULL i-league season first....

Sunil Chhetri played his 1st FULL I-league last year & was top scorer , ahead of foreigners .... BUT we all know how his foreign trips were like...

Sandesh Jhingan at right back against MLS wingers ,will be twisted inside out....

Will be physically bullied in Northern Europe , and the pace of the game will fly past him in UK...

Settle down all of you... we saw how good he was in Asian games !

I like the kid , he is decent , and will develop in time.... but lets not make this the next Indian hype as we love to do here...
    archakbida 25 sudheermylankalArsenalFan700goalkeeparmunna219777reddevil87preetamrudra
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited January 2015
    I disagree here. Usually I am a big believer in staying in the domestic league and really establishing yourself before leaving but in this case I really believe he is ready. I do not care for his U23 performance, especially since the quality of the team was crap anyway.

Sandesh has shown to be a very good defender, has earned the praises of a lot of people, and he has proven himself in games with some lovely tackling and marking. He has a lovely physical presence I have never really seen from Indians before as well. However, he needs proper coaching. Earlier he was linked with Bagan, fuck that, I would rather shoot my foot than see Sandesh work with Sanjoy Sen.

That is why I say America would be a good option. I agree he would be beaten in MLS but things have changed since Chhetri was in the league. Chhetri, when he played in the reserves, only played against amateur and college teams, now, reserves in MLS play in the 3rd division USL Pro and Sandesh Jhingan would more than get game time there. Jhingan could go there, play in good facilities, get good coaching at a decent level of play, and prove himself to the coaches.

It is no longer, prove it or you are out, unless you don't care. He does not even need to try MLS first, if he goes to the 2nd tier NASL he will get game time easy, same with the USL Pro. All three leagues have better facilities with better coaching with roughly better playing quality than I-League and would benefit Sandesh's career in the long-run.
    goalkeeparbida 25 ashindia
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    2nd NASL isn't better than than playing AFC Champions League qualifier and AFC games.. which he could get at BFC , as well as top training

Had Dempo signed him instead of Nirmal Chettri , he could've got plenty of game time and also playing alongside future  India team mates..

Agreed US quality of lower leagues has improved...

Snadesh being fed bullshit by Michael Chopra....bad person to be getting advice from 

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    To be fair, BFC is probably only getting one game in the ACL and 6 games in the AFC Cup (this season).

I would rather not see him under Papas. Chopra is a bad influence (who the hell follows the man who lost almost all his money) but Papas.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Baljit his agent is chopra man 
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10440 Points
    Chettri was 26 When he went to USA and Sandesh is 21
  • bida 25 bida 25 Kolkata140 Points
    Agreed Rohan, USL Pro is a decent league and he would easily get game time and if he improves he will surely be scouted by good clubs in the meantime he would also improve physically. To be fair scouting is better in USA than India