I-League 2014-15 Round 1: "Real Indian Football" is back!

ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
edited January 2015 in I-League 2014-15
After the excitement of the Indian Super League and the competitiveness of the Federation Cup we are back to the start of another season of the I-League!!! The I-League, for those new to Indian football, is the "official" domestic top-flight league in India which features the clubs eligible to represent India in the Asian cup competitions (AFC Champions League and AFC Cup). This league has been recently called "Real Indian Football League" and quite honestly, it is. The Indian Super League is the future but the I-League is the present, it features the players who will represent India in the future who were not even in ISL, most notably, Sunil Chhetri and Victorino Fernandes... and also probably the 21st century National Club of India, Bengaluru FC (Don't worry Mohun Bagan fans, I got your back!).

So, we start on Saturday with Salgaocar taking on Pune at the Fatorda Stadium before we see a rematch of last weekends Federation Cup Final between Bengaluru FC and Dempo! Dempo will be looking to revenge their loss while Bengaluru FC will be looking to make a good first impression to their fans at their new stadium!

The next day will see Mohun Bagan open their campaign against a "new" Mumbai FC. Mumbai FC have made some new signings this season and some could argue they look different because of that while Sanjoy Sen will be looking to make a good impression himself. Shillong Lajong meanwhile open the season with a Shillong-derby match-up against Royal Wahingdoh! The newly promoted Shillong club will be fighting for safety this season and what better way to start that mission than a victory over your local rivals!? And finally, we end the round with Sporting Goa taking on East Bengal. The Red and Gold look good this season but can they do a number on Sporting, who just signed Miguel Garcia from NorthEast United?

So sit back and enjoy the ride! This I-League is going to be crazy!

Matches:
Saturday, January 17th, 2015:
- Salgaocar - Pune (Fatorda Stadium; 16:30)
- Bengaluru FC - Dempo (Sree Kanteerava Stadium; 19:00)

Sunday, January 18th, 2015:
- Mohun Bagan - Mumbai (Salt Lake Stadium; 16:30)
- Shillong Lajong - Royal Wahingdoh (Jawharlal Nehru Stadium; 16:30)
- Sporting Goa - East Bengal (Fatorda Stadium; 19:00)

Bye: Bharat FC

SO COME ON IFN!!!!! LETS SUPPORT THE I-LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!
goalkeeparmunna219777namewtheldarchak7negiDeb_BanjithuvMaddiereddevil87shakkeerKMand 2 others.

Comments