2014-15 I-League Round 14: Theirs to lose! Can Bagan continue their momentum? IS SANJOY SEN A GOD!?

Comments

• AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    @EastBengalPride

Exactly... I fully endorse your observation. Mohun Bagan, East Bengal, BFC & PFC are the biggest headache for AIFF & IMG-Reliance. They will surely rope in BFC & PFC within a couple of years. But I don't know what dirty tricks AIFF & IMG-Reliance will manufacture to keep Mohun Bagan & East Bengal out. I firmly believe ISL organizers will NEVER want Mohun Bagan & East Bengal in their league because if Mohun Bagan & East Bengal play in ISL then ATK loses all it's importance and "so called" fan base. I am ok with ISL having Mohun Bagan & East Bengal, but without these 2 Indian Giants no Indian League is worth. 
    Maddiemunna219777reddevil87Deb_Banatuljgmohammedirshad
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2971 Points

I agree EB and MB is core of Indian football
    munna219777atuljg
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    ATK may shut on its own without any interference a la Kerala Blasters, Delhi Dynamos and Pune City.
    munna219777reddevil87Deb_BanAKBatuljg
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I have now read on 4 different threads about how ISL/IMG-Reliance will kill off this and this.
    rudramohammed_87hassan
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    What a joke is this. Seems the discussion has been hijacked by EB and MB supporter's who still cling on to " we are being unnecessarily targeted" " entire world is against us" cards. If EB and MB fans want theirs clubs to be untouched then they should have by now with the rich history untouchable. But no both clubs have not become giants even at a AFC level stage despite having decades of football heritage and almost unlimited support at a state politics level and decent base to market and try and be among the biggest clubs in Asia.
    The fact is you are not, Indian football is now trying to globalise itself through ISL. In the grander scheme of things and global money EB and MB are still squirts. PS-both clubs despite showing they are "big" still call themselves as McDowell MB and Kingfisher EB. What next Chirag MB? Still dependent on sponsors to even rename your club shows poor mismanagement and hypocritical of ur own brand nameShkShow me
    all this my personal opinion off course as am an Indian football fan myself. It's just ridiculous to focus on these two clubs because they have failed when they had a chance to be truly big clubs themselves which is frustrating for me too. Rant over.

ArsenalFan700gopiajeeshAKBmohammed_87hassanbida 25 coolgaganmunna219777rudraatuljgtejiand 1 other.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    And a illegal venture (a la the IPL one) from Chennai will globalize Indian football? Indian football doesnt need globalization, it needs to the basics right. What would we globalize anyway at the moment? That we have talentless hordes playing in busted grounds and people who are only coming to see it because of movie stars waving their hands from a VIP box!!  After 3 seasons of ISL, I will search for a Chennai lad playing in I-League 2 and the search result would define ISL's success.

And dont blame the Kolkata big 2, without them, there wouldnt be any football following in India. There was a reason ATK won the ISL 'cause thats the biggest market. Remember the time when almost every year some INdian girl would win Miss. World/Universe in the 90s and now no one even comes close? The foreign cosmetic giants wanted to gain Indian market pie and thats how its done! 
    Deb_BanAKBgoalkeeparcoolgaganmunna219777ashindiaatuljgteji
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9949 Points
    The less we discuss about the ISL circus it is better for Indian football.
    AKBEastBengalPridemunna219777atuljg
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Have u got the basics of how to manage a club right? BTW pls stop sterotyping ISL fans as being gulible celebrity following know nothing's. we know which clubs are benamis and which are trying to be genuine in the ISL. Not a majority of fans who visit the stadium are actually interested to know who sits in the VIP box or who owns the club. Face the facts mate. Humanity is all abt survival of the fittest. If u don't improve the u have to adapt.

BTW the irony is a 3 month competition is being blamed for India not performing well while domestic and grass root level has failed to deliver in 9 months of a year.
    AKBmohammed_87hassangopiajeeshcoolgaganatuljgteji
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    @EastBengalPride and @Deb_Ban
    Absolutely right.

@DX
    Is it only Mohun Bagan & East Bengal who are surviving because of Sponsors ?? What about the other I-League teams ? And what about the 8 Circus teams of ISL ?
    You may try and try and try... but just can't get Mohun Bagan and East Bengal out. One has survived 125 years and the other 95 years. Let us see if the ISL Circus parties survive 10 years and also BFC, PFC etc. etc. Don't forget Mahindra United decided to wind up after some stupendus success in Club football. A club has to have supporters, without them they just can never survive. Even today in a Kolkata league match against a lowly placed team Mohammedan Sporting will play in front of at least 5/6000 fans and  some I-League teams other than Mohun Bagan & EB play in front of a few hundreds in their home I-League matches.
    As far as AFC Cup or India's position in Asian football is concerned the blame lies with AIFF and it's associates. Clean them up, have some persons having REAL GOOD INTENTIONS at heart and of course PASSION for the game....result will start come after a few years.
    Deb_BanEastBengalPridemunna219777atuljg