Indian State Leagues and Tournaments Thread

Comments

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Agreed @ Deb_Ban....if only more states follow the lead of NE states.....not even 1 state in south has a half decent league....
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    I quite like the model (that is, till some 'inside story' of bribes and money laundering crops up -- it's a shame I have such a negative frame of mind, but can't help, with the current state of Indian society). This is a 12-team, home and away, conference system, low cost, full fledged league with the stated aim of graduating a team to I-league. And it's popular.

I don't know what's preventing the other state associations from replicating this. IFA, for a change, should give CMG a second chance with this model. For their century old existence, they had failed to have a state league and depended on the popularity of the big 3.
    footydip
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    edited July 2015
    North East is where the next Indian football star will come in future. The governments of all North Easter states, AIFF, NEUFC and India's corporate sector should come together and start a North East league involving local clubs such as Aizwal FC, SLFC, Wahingdoh etc. I am sure this will be good for Indian football.

Sanjoy Sen was right. Bengal has failed in youth development in all respects.
    munna219777atuljg
  • ManjuManju Mysore34 Points
    If @Cybertron was to be a official in AIFF, so good to Indian Football.  :D
    CybertronDeb_Banmunna219777atuljg
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Almost 10,000 people attended TFA vs TATA Steel match for the Jamshedpur league match http://epaper.prabhatkhabar.com/536404/JAMSHEDPUR-City/city?show=touch#page/14/3
    munna219777
    Jamshedpur has always had a good sports culture, They have 1-2 good academies apart from TFA. I don't think an ileague team can exist in isolation though, there has to be a decent state league before an ileague team comes up. however, India has a unique problem, where AIFF actively discourages any kind of mushrooming of good regional leagues and definitely puts all its might to ensure ileague is made as unattractive as possible for any new entrant. It took Japan hardly 1 decade to become a regional superpower, but then again there everyone was onboard with a single passion, here the only goal seems to be to lick IMG's white boots.
    nikhil
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    You know the roots of the J.League were almost exactly the same as those of the ISL?
    with a few small differences @ArsenalFan700, J league was never a joke in the footballing sense (the franchises were under FIFA guidlines, the league was the sole national league (players stayed with the teams for full year), and the clubs were allowed to represent the country from day 1 in Asia). Ofcourse all of these don't matter here as the white messiahs from #IMG have told us that they know best and who are we to argue against them? long live #ISL, i have anyways given up on Indian football.
    Deb_Banmunna219777reddevil87gaffertape
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Your last sentence is why I can't take you seriously.
    fox
  • nikhilnikhil blru548 Points
    If only had  AIFF managed the stuff properly there wouldn't have been any need of ISL but then thats another story..

@deepakc unlike the Indian counterparts funds were never a problem for the Japenese..Inspite of that they struggled to get a proper fan following and it happened only when they engaged in aggressive promotion campaigns not only through football but also engaging in community works thereby creating a strong bond with the local population. These changed the fortunes and they became what they are today.