SAFF News

Surprised this has not been created so we could discuss what is happening among other SAFF nations.

Other nations include:
- Afghanistan (for now) (Afghan Premier League)
- Bangladesh (Bangladesh Premier League)
- Bhutan (Bhutan National League)
- Maldives (Dhivehi League)
- Nepal (Nepal National League)
- Pakistan (Pakistan Premier League)
- Sri Lanka (Sri Lanka Football Premier League)

Notable Players who were born in SAFF nations (and footballing wise, raised in SAFF nations) who play abroad:
- Gurpreet Singh Sandhu (India - Staebek in Norway).
- Kallemullah (Pakistan - Sacramento Republic in the United States).
- Zohin Islam Amiri (Afghanistan - Dempo in India).
- Faisal Sakhizada (Afghanistan - Dandenong Thunder in Australia).
- Chencho Gyeltshen (Bhutan - Surin City in Thailand).
- Mohamed Arif (Maldives - Kanbawza in Myanmar).
- Ali Ashfaq (Maldives - PDRM in Malaysia).
- Bimal Magar (Nepal - Club Brugge Youth in Belgium).
- Muhammed Adil (Pakistan - Dodoi Bishek in Kyrgyzstan).
Deb_BanRonnyshankarreddevil87kartik91Carbon_14

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Kallemullah made his debut for Sacramento Republic a while ago and he was... okay. Has a lot to learn but not bad at all. He has 4 appearances till now, all off the bench.

• RonnyRonny 10440 Points
    Am sure many Indian players are even more talented than Kaleem..how is he getting these opportunities?
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9949 Points
    A very good thread. I did surprise me when I realized that we don't have such a thread thread yet we discuss SAF football often.

Kalimullah isn't bad btw; I wish we had someone at least it that level in US! And they have sizable number of people in the gallery.

Any Indian players playing in SAFF countries? We have a coach in Bangladesh (Nayeeemuddin in Brothers Union, Dhaka).
    The guy kicked ass in Pakistan and then abroad in Kyrgyzstan. He is also young and could be good for marketing and be proven to be a "diamond in the rough" kind of signing.

After watching his 4 performances so far he has a lot of potential to make it but he needs to really improve that ball control and dribble. 
    Deb_Ban
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    The video doesn't do enough justice. ..saw him play in Kyrgyzstan and for Pakistan last year...much better player..
    probably 20 times better than Robin Singh
    Sacramento Republic and the USL post full-match videos on youtube. Just watch them from the minutes he comes on... @gaffertape is right.
  • RonnyRonny 10440 Points
    this is a realistic kind of club that good Indian footballers should target instead of sky high hopes and then contend with I league
    ArsenalFan700
    Eh... depends. Don't kill me guys for this... I think Balwant Singh would have had well in the USL a year ago.
    gaffertape
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Are you guys forgetting our Romeo who kicked butt for all of 18 minutes he played in Brazil. Frankly right now Bangladesh football is in a better shape than India and Pakistan has borrowed good talent from its expatriates (physically they have always been in better shape than the Blues). Obviously it helps that neither of them have #IMG to help them develop their football, and the officials there seem to have a small amount of national pride left in them. Bangladesh is currently ranked at 116 (a terget India is unlikey to achieve in the next 5 years) on FIFA, which maybe proves my point.
    Get out of here. Bangladeshi football is nothing on Indian football. Maybe right now it looks that way but I am willing to bet that in the long-term India is set to blow Bangladesh out of the water as the years go. Same with Pakistan.
    Ronny